Wossit worth mister ? NS 400 .

willbloke

Looking to sell off my NS 400 .

been stuck in the corner of the garage for possibly 15 years , never going to get it back on the road , and it was way to small for me , I looked like an elephant ridding a toddler tricycle!

Probably suit a Welsh Dwarf , but I seem to remember he flounced ?

Genuine UK bike I believe because of indicators and mirrors were different to JDM models .

Had a really embarrassing, but well done paint job and white wheels .

got a set of original black wheels for it somewhere , and even a genuine single seat hump thingy .

original pipes , unfortunately not silencers , some aftermarket oval ones .

came with a load of bills and history , somewhere ?

watcha reckon ring dingers ?

very rough idea , it’s buried behind other bikes and I’m too lazy to get pics .

all the little touches , seat lock behind fairing flip up door , fairing on sidestand and forks are present and correct I believe.

First Honda production bike with an alloy frame I think 🤔.

Just last week I bought an original brochure for the NS400R. An NS400R was very nearly my first 'big' bike after passing my test, but instead I plumped for an MC16.

As with anything nostalgic like this, condition and originality are everything, and then it's down to whoever wants it the most. But I would guess that it would reach the same money as a modern thou, very easily.

But really, pull your finger out, let the dog see the rabbit, take some photos, there's a good chap. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, heds954 said:

Just last week I bought an original brochure for the NS400R. An NS400R was very nearly my first 'big' bike after passing my test, but instead I plumped for an MC16.

As with anything nostalgic like this, condition and originality are everything, and then it's down to whoever wants it the most. But I would guess that it would reach the same money as a modern thou, very easily.

But really, pull your finger out, let the dog see the rabbit, take some photos, there's a good chap. :thumbsup:

Probably fit you just fine Heds !😁

But it cold in the garage and I’m lazy .

The paintwork isn’t original unfortunately, the silly twunt who spent the money on it got a graphics company to take the end ‘R’ and make it an NSR400R !

it is a good paint job , but not completely original which would put true anoraks off as far as originality .

it would need a complete strip , carbs cleaned etc , pipes painted , no obvious leaks , but surface rust .

didnt use it on salty roads from memory , hardly used it at all .

just preferred my ‘valve , more suited to a ‘ normal ‘ sized person 😂

I think I did put up a pic on here a million years ago , when a load of us on old smokers on bike night .

caused quite a stir , RD500 my NS400 , a few Elsie’s and air cooled RDs , a KR1S , TZR250  , ETC

5 minutes ago, willbloke said:

Probably fit you just fine Heds !😁

But it cold in the garage and I’m lazy .

The paintwork isn’t original unfortunately, the silly twunt who spent the money on it got a graphics company to take the end ‘R’ and make it an NSR400R !

it is a good paint job , but not completely original which would put true anoraks off as far as originality .

it would need a complete strip , carbs cleaned etc , pipes painted , no obvious leaks , but surface rust .

didnt use it on salty roads from memory , hardly used it at all .

just preferred my ‘valve , more suited to a ‘ normal ‘ sized person 😂

I can confirm that it'll be a perfect fit for me 😎

Having read your description, it's clearly a bag of old shite. I'll give you a tenner for the lot. Cuttin me own froat, and all that. I'll be down in the morning with a van, before I change my mind.

Edited by heds954
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, heds954 said:

I can confirm that it'll be a perfect fit for me 😎

Having read your description, it's clearly a bag of old shite. I'll give you a tenner for the lot. Cuttin me own froat, and all that. I'll be down in the morning with a van, before I change my mind.

Foxtrot Oscar shorty !

That’s not a UK bike . 

* Adjusts anorak .

Allegedly the 475 kit makes them a bit of a beast , but you have to be careful with cranks .

You can get reconned cranks now I believe .

This is a UK bike ,mine is like this other than the really shit use of the R , after the NS , IYSWIM ?

15F7CFDB-F555-4DB3-8AC6-6D6CC55D6AFD.jpeg

38188FFB-BC71-4424-A817-C25051477671.jpeg

1 hour ago, willbloke said:

This is a UK bike ,mine is like this other than the really shit use of the R , after the NS , IYSWIM ?

38188FFB-BC71-4424-A817-C25051477671.jpeg

It may depend on if you tuck your jeans into your boots, or wear them over the top. That would be a deal breaker for me. 

• Haha 1

Had one of these in my early 20s,it made me feel like a riding god and i was freddie spencer for 3 months til it ate its gearbox,it broke my heart and i was too skint/mechanically inept to fix it,the tears lasted for months,great bike though.

• Like 2

Two stroke? Old? Honda?

Just throw it in the local scrapyard where it belongs. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chocyboy said:

Two stroke? Old? Honda?

Just throw it in the local scrapyard where it belongs. 

Being a Honda, bit of fresh fuel and battery, should fire no probs 😆😆

1 hour ago, firebeast said:

Being a Honda, bit of fresh fuel and battery, should fire no probs 😆😆

Surely a lighter or match would be better than a battery?

• Haha 1