Cradley Kawasaki

kwacky

Old school dealer that's been around for donkeys years. Friendly, knowledgeable staff who are happy to chat even if you're just browsing. 

Excellent service department to back up the sales. 

• Like 5

On 9/13/2022 at 9:34 PM, srad34 said:

Used them many times when I had Kwak projects, parts dept is superb

Indeed, used to get all my 7R and 9R bits from them. Excellent.

Been buying my bikes and services from them for over 20 years, currently own 4 bikes bought from there 😁

Service department needs some investment as owner is a tight fisted bugger, the lads working in there are excellent and always helpful but short staffed.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2022 at 5:31 PM, r1flyguy said:

Been buying my bikes and services from them for over 20 years, currently own 4 bikes bought from there 😁

Service department needs some investment as owner is a tight fisted bugger, the lads working in there are excellent and always helpful but short staffed.

I have used them for years and regularly pop in for a coffee and listen to Gareth's, piss taking, their parts department has always been brilliant, hope the family friendly environment carries on as it has been, or in the process of being sold

Rob

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, looks like the current owners of ‘many, many’ years are handing the reigns over to new owners next week. 

Lets hope these new owners do not try to reinvent the wheels and ruin its reputation!

• Sad 1

Fowlers in Bristol has opened a new kawasaki exclusive showroom .   Its a bit dull compared to what you describe .   just a massive missed opportunity for a brand that has a lot of heritage . 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, cuban pete said:

Fowlers in Bristol has opened a new kawasaki exclusive showroom .   Its a bit dull compared to what you describe .   just a massive missed opportunity for a brand that has a lot of heritage . 

Isn't fowlers a missed opportunity in general 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! Looks like the new owners are a significant change! CCTV everywhere watching staff, all computers monitored remotely watching their every move, not a chance of happy working environment with new owners! phone calls late at night to ask them why things hadn’t been done, mainly because no training been done on new systems they installed, demands to comply or find another job & mostly no interest in loyal customers, they want volume turnover!

How to go from a well respected established happy company to to a thoroughly miserable and untrusted shop!! 

Sad, very sad.

• Sad 6

Never had a bike from them but with everything from a ‘77 KZ1000 through KDX250, Z250, a couple of 750 Zephyrs, a ZZR11 and a few others they have always been really helpful. They seemed to hold reasonable stock and the guys were real knowledgeable about the bikes, old and new. 

• Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 7:55 AM, r1flyguy said:

Wow! Looks like the new owners are a significant change! CCTV everywhere watching staff, all computers monitored remotely watching their every move, not a chance of happy working environment with new owners! phone calls late at night to ask them why things hadn’t been done, mainly because no training been done on new systems they installed, demands to comply or find another job & mostly no interest in loyal customers, they want volume turnover!

How to go from a well respected established happy company to to a thoroughly miserable and untrusted shop!! 

Sad, very sad.

They'll kill the shop in no time if they carry on like that. The staff make that place. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kwacky said:

They'll kill the shop in no time if they carry on like that. The staff make that place. 

Absolutely…. That will be a massive shame if it does

On 12/8/2022 at 7:55 AM, r1flyguy said:

Sad, very sad.

I haven't been in for a few months, was going to pop in Saturday, might be interesting

Rob

• Like 2

Have they been taken over by Wheels in Peterborough?

Reason for asking is they have a gen 1 ZZR1400 advertised currently on eBay and auto trader. One ad is located in Peterborough under Wheels as the business (but in Cradley’s name on the ad) and the other just under Cradley’s in Cradley Heath. I’m seriously considering the bike and now torn as to whether to pull the trigger and buy it.

On 12/20/2022 at 6:06 AM, zxrob said:

Dosnt sound like a happy place, got a call from Gareth today, he's resigned😮

Rob

He spoke to me to, I’m waiting for the next call to tell me where he’s now working, hopefully the mechanics will follow 😁

22 hours ago, Trevini said:

Have they been taken over by Wheels in Peterborough?

Reason for asking is they have a gen 1 ZZR1400 advertised currently on eBay and auto trader. One ad is located in Peterborough under Wheels as the business (but in Cradley’s name on the ad) and the other just under Cradley’s in Cradley Heath. I’m seriously considering the bike and now torn as to whether to pull the trigger and buy it.

In short they are treating Cradley like a bunch of lowlifes and expect the locals to be too…

They moved good bikes that sell to Peterborough to boost their sales and some of the stock they can’t shift to Cradley worsening their ability to sell & losing them sales in the process. The new owners are also increasing servicing costs amongst other things which the ‘locals’ probably will not stomach…

it’s a real new owner shit show….

end of an era at Cradley 

• Sad 1

Thanks for the insight. Peterborough actually works better for me in the sense that it’s nearer to home, so less travel to view the bike. Other than resolving any fairly immediate warranty issues (bearing in mind it’s a used bike and an older one at that), I doubt I’ll be having much more to do with them post sale in reality. 

11 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

In short they are treating Cradley like a bunch of lowlifes and expect the locals to be too…

They moved good bikes that sell to Peterborough to boost their sales and some of the stock they can’t shift to Cradley worsening their ability to sell & losing them sales in the process. The new owners are also increasing servicing costs amongst other things which the ‘locals’ probably will not stomach…

it’s a real new owner shit show….

end of an era at Cradley 

My H2 has a recall to be done, no cost obviously, I'm going to get it serviced March/April, we shall see what service we get and at what cost

Rob

1 hour ago, zxrob said:

My H2 has a recall to be done, no cost obviously, I'm going to get it serviced March/April, we shall see what service we get and at what cost

Rob

I’ve had the same recall too, was thinking of getting it done sooner before they make the changes as I’ll get the service done to.