Coverage in MCN

johnnymack63

I was somewhat surprised to see that. I wonder if the fact that Luke and BeMoto were involved and they are an advertiser made them decide it would be sensible to cover it? 

Or am I being too cynical?! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IforB said:

I was somewhat surprised to see that. I wonder if the fact that Luke and BeMoto were involved and they are an advertiser made them decide it would be sensible to cover it? 

Or am I being too cynical?! 

Not sure.

I think it’s more of an individual choice by the journalists/editors based on awareness, space available, appropriateness and a few other factors that includes personal feelings.

It’s just nice to know that not everyone at Bauer thinks I’m the anti-Christ, or at least if they do, are able to set that to one side for the greater good of the fundraising efforts of the event.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, johnnymack63 said:

Not sure.

I think it’s more of an individual choice by the journalists/editors based on awareness, space available, appropriateness and a few other factors that includes personal feelings.

It’s just nice to know that not everyone at Bauer thinks I’m the anti-Christ, or at least if they do, are able to set that to one side for the greater good of the fundraising efforts of the event.

very much this - tis a fine brief article. 

Well done Mephistopheles

2 hours ago, johnnymack63 said:

Not sure.

At least you're our antichrist. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cuban pete said:

Bookings for next year you say?? 😁

Yoo Hoo!

Brief, but better than nothing. 

Hopefully someone from MCN/Bauer could be encouraged to ride in 2023, coverage would be a good boost to donations to CRUK.

• Like 1

Another John once claimed in a song to be an antichrist. That did not really go down too well with the establishment, but it didn't diminish his importance. So wear your horns&hoofs with pride, must be the morale. 

• Haha 2

On 7/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, svingel said:

Another John once claimed in a song to be an antichrist. That did not really go down too well with the establishment, but it didn't diminish his importance. So wear your horns&hoofs with pride, must be the morale. 

Have no fear, I do, but only out of irony given how I earned that status in the eyes of some.

Such was the manner of my ex-communication by people who I considered to be good friends, and the way that support for the Longest Day Challenge was dropped because of its association with me, you might believe that I stole secrets, or sensitive financial information from within the corridors of Bauer, or significant databases to sell to the highest bidder, or slandered people.

Alas, no. I wrote a piece about what it was like to ride Guy Martins bike and supplied some pictures that I took of it on my phone to go with it (none of which actually had Guy in them). Just like I also had done of other bikes that I rode during my time at PB/PS before and since the article. Apparently I'm not supposed to make any use of my years of experience or refer to anything I've ever done, places I've been, or bikes I've ridden, or use contacts that I've made anymore in order to earn a living.

Lovely people**

** Some actually are, as proven by the MCN article.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, johnnymack63 said:

Have no fear, I do, but only out of irony given how I earned that status in the eyes of some.

Such was the manner of my ex-communication by people who I considered to be good friends, and the way that support for the Longest Day Challenge was dropped because of its association with me, you might believe that I stole secrets, or sensitive financial information from within the corridors of Bauer, or significant databases to sell to the highest bidder, or slandered people.

Alas, no. I wrote a piece about what it was like to ride Guy Martins bike and supplied some pictures that I took of it on my phone to go with it (none of which actually had Guy in them). Just like I also had done of other bikes that I rode during my time at PB/PS before and since the article. Apparently I'm not supposed to make any use of my years of experience or refer to anything I've ever done, places I've been, or bikes I've ridden, or use contacts that I've made anymore in order to earn a living.

Lovely people**

** Some actually are, as proven by the MCN article.

Sounds like envy, probably of your horns&hoofs😅! Seriously, in when arseholes fuck you over, it's shite, but about what you expect. A turd sandwich tastes of poo. However, when you do your job, professionally or otherwise, when you do what is expected of you, and it suddenly turns out to be "wrong" or "this is NOT how it is". That really is fucked up! In a sense, "they" don't really deserve a slice of the limelight of LDC, or profit of any article sold, about it. But off course, it's getting about as much exposure for the cause, as possible. The more resources we can throw into the cancer research, the better. A slightly nagging feeling, is growing though. As LDC is growing out of the underground, when does the legal issues turn up? Copyright? Heavy police presence? Celebrities, lawyers, etc. I may be shooting sparrows with Exocets, but our little parallel world here, is a cosy place, and typically, when moving away from the grassroots existence, things does not really change for the better. LDC is an fantastic event, btw. Yours, slightly concerned, svingel 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2022 at 8:59 AM, johnnymack63 said:

Not 

Your not the anti-christ! Your going down in my estimations @johnnymack63

• Haha 2