How to clean your (matt) helmet.

tonk

Just got a new lid and it's got a matt black finish. Not had one before. Any tips for keeping it looking nice? Don't want to use black trim cleaner. Used to use Maguires carnauba wax on shiny helmets, worked a treat. 

• 1 month later...

Old trick I still use today, after a particularly bug ridden ride, I get 4 pieces of kitchen roll, wet them, and stick them to my lid on the crusty parts. Leave for an hour or 2 (or overnight if theres no chance of them drying out), then you simply wipe off

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gixxerthou said:

Old trick I still use today, after a particularly bug ridden ride, I get 4 pieces of kitchen roll, wet them, and stick them to my lid on the crusty parts. Leave for an hour or 2 (or overnight if theres no chance of them drying out), then you simply wipe off

I do this on the front of the fairing too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gixxerthou said:

This also works with yeast infections so I have heard….😜

• Haha 1