Anyone use Ignitech?

Damnthistinleg

I'm getting roundly fucked off with the standard wiring on the SRAD which is now seriously showing its age. I could make a complete new harness but it would take a lot of fucking around with old brittle plug bodies and there's no guarantee the old igniter and other shite is going to be any good for any length of time.

I already have an Ignitech for the TRX but have yet to fit it. I'm now thinking it may be an opportunity to get one for the SRAD and the ZXR too and get familiar with the whole setup.

Does anyone else use them and what do you think? Have you had any issues with them and which version would you recommend? What sort of stuff can you do with the different versions?

All three bikes are track only, so it seems a no brainer to put something simple and adjustable in there.

Any thoughts?

Yeah fit them to everything. 

Brilliant value for money. I can get a bit of discount too if you want me to order one for you.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Superdunc said:

Yeah fit them to everything. 

Brilliant value for money. I can get a bit of discount too if you want me to order one for you.

Do you know much about the different models?

I presume there are plenty of 'off-the-shelf' ignition maps now they've been around a long time?

I'm probably going to go for stick coils and total loss electrics on the SRAD and ZXR so I get to re-do the whole setup on both. Any recommendations for those when running an Ignitech? I take it they have individual coil outputs rather than running a wasted spark?

Discount is always good!

I sorted one for the slutty srad, same set-up carbs and stick coils, they supplied it set-up ready to go.

Bot tied up with other stuff this week but I'll dig out the invoices and let you know the costs. 

I always run the tcip4. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2022 at 6:07 AM, 2moto said:

@Damnthistinlegyes, fitted a fair few of them. Give me a shout if you want to have chat.

Never had a single failure. Can't get better bang for the buck.

It's been a while but this project is back underway once again.

Do you still have any links with Ignitech and if so, do you carry any stock?

16 hours ago, Damnthistinleg said:

It's been a while but this project is back underway once again.

Do you still have any links with Ignitech and if so, do you carry any stock?

Yes, I still use them exclusively and do carry a few in stock depending on which you need.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 8:32 AM, 2moto said:

Yes, I still use them exclusively and do carry a few in stock depending on which you need.

Where abouts are based ???