LDD veteran GPZ500S up for grabs

Michael Delaney

Despite there being a for sale section (is there still?) I figured this is the best, most relevant place for this.

As per thread title, bike was previously Cuzza's 2011? LDD machine and it's been in my possession since. Used sporadically over the years up until late 2018 when it hasn't seen much use since and that was only because I began working within walking distance of home. Apart from new clutch plates and a rebuilt front caliper, both my fault, it's had and only needed basic regular maintenance in my ownership and has been a reliable and economical workhorse hence why I've kept it so long. I dragged it out of it's resting place last April for an MOT, first time in a couple of years but had planned to begin using it again for occasional commuting. Passed first time as always with the same advisory it's had every MOT since I've owned it - front brake disc close to needing replacement. Tester reported poor running though. Took for run suspecting old fuel had gunked up carbs, wouldn't pull cleanly beyond mid rpm's so parked and not looked at since. Suspected head gasket failure based on cream like substance in oil but that could be just condensation as I don't recall any issues with it before it was parked up late 2018.

Obviously it's an ideal LDU machine and well within budget at £300, particularly for someone mechanically minded, plus it'll come with a Haynes manual. Message for more info.

Edited by Michael Delaney
  • Like 1

• Michael Delaney changed the title to LDD veteran GPZ500S up for grabs