£500 CBR600 J reg for any of the class of 22

EXUPDEL

My bike from last years challenge

Happy to sell it to one of this years riders for £500. Under the conditions it doesn't get broken or sold for a profit. Must be used for this years ride. You will incur the wrath of the PB-Evo massive if you do do sell it on.

Have not ridden it since before xmas. Just spent a bit of time on it today.

What it has.

It got a full strip clean and rebuild before last years challenge. Got a load of pictures taken as I did it. Its not the original engine. The engine I got it with had a smashed casting around front sprocket. My OCD couldn't cope with that and not having a sprocket cover so I got another engine and rebuilt and fitted that. DVLA have been told about the engine swap.

It has a new chezk rad, Hagon rear shock, fork seals. Manual cam chain tensioner. Mottobat battery. Carbs stripped and ultra sounded. rebuilt with new seals. New carb rubbers. stick coil conversion. changed the head bearings might have done the wheel bearings (cant remember), cush rubbers

Cylinder head was removed. The old exhaust studs drilled out , holes helicoiled and new studs fitted. While it was off I lapped the valve seats and fitted new stem seals. Valves were de-coked. 

Brakes were stripped and cleaned.

I have just fitted stainless down pipes (could be Motad) as the original honda pipes had cracked at the head and it was rather loud. Will need new exhaust gaskets, I left the old ones in as I didnt have any spares kicking around.

What it needs

Good clean. Brake pistons could do with cleaning and freeing off a bit. number plate attaching. 

Service. Oil and filter. I have done 4200 miles on it since I MOT'd it last year. So a service is due. The air filter looks clean.

It needs a new rear tyre

Whatever your hearts desire to make it yours.

I have a real soft spot for this bike. It has been simply brilliant. On the day it was comfortable and easy to ride and never put a foot wrong. Everything people say about mid 90's Hondas being boring is the reason it was ideal for the challenge. It was in the group that arrived first at John O' groats with @IforB and @Herr V. The gallop that @Herr V. and I had from the ferry to Inverness was epic. Devastated to not be riding this year.

However I have a couple of other bikes that are now in the challenge budget one of which is another CBR. I don't need 2. so someone please take this from me and use it to raise another shit tonne of money for a brilliant cause.

20220311_142137.jpg.4d8c9bebc11f14c5fe231a5ac6b088ec.jpg

20220311_142128.jpg.a8b1f002ac8957f0699bb28eeaaccdf2.jpg

20220311_142121.jpg.75deb71376b813456db065cdb2a8962f.jpg

20220311_142115.jpg.cc2c91c7c07e2c19cae0e346affab254.jpg

If your interested send me a DM.

• Like 8

Had a long day out with Del on this last year before LDU and rode a chunk of the 21 route with him and it's a cracking LDU bike

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 3:53 PM, Herr V. said:

Had a long day out with Del on this last year before LDU and rode a chunk of the 21 route with him and it's a cracking LDU bike

Yup, can't think of a better bike to do it on. 

Unless kawasaki H2's come down into LDU budget soon..... Then I possibly could think of a better one. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now Sold, And it will be making an appearance at LDU22 

• Like 8

Excellent news Del, someone has got a great break bike.

• Like 1