Ldu bikes

Big Si R1

Welcome to our little forum. We like it.

Good choice of bike, been a winning* bike before. 

I used an XJ900F. 

I came 2nd last**

*it isn't a race 😉

** No, really, it isn't a race***

***but we all wanted to to get there before the guy behind us. 

Edited by jaycee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Big Si R1 said:

So just been up to Liverpool and picked up 1987's finest cbr 1000 f, should be good for soaking up the miles, what's everyone else using? 

Fine supertankers - you'll get there in comfort*

*still knacked, just not actually broken into constituent parts. 

So just been up to Liverpool and picked up 1987's finest cbr 1000 f, should be good for soaking up the miles, what's everyone else using? 

I had a 1987 1000f.

A great barge.

Have fun.

See you at P1.

Got myself an 1992 xj600s with 30k on the clock. Got a few jobs to sort on her before the big trip though. 

• Like 1

I've also got an XJ600S, but from 95! Although it is a K reg 🤔 It's a work in (slower than anticipated) progress! Hoping to at least get it MOT'd in a week or two!

Edited by James306
  • Like 1

I’m still hoping to find my noble steed, I’ve missed out on a few, but hopefully I can seal the deal on a 1991 zzr1100 over the next few days, fall back is a triumph trophy, or an xj600, which is very local to me, let’s see what the weekend brings.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Alex_H said:

Sadly not doing the ldu this year so if anyone wants to buy this send me a pm. 

19 hours ago, Arthur71 said:

I’m still hoping to find my noble steed, I’ve missed out on a few, but hopefully I can seal the deal on a 1991 zzr1100 over the next few days, fall back is a triumph trophy, or an xj600, which is very local to me, let’s see what the weekend brings.

🙄

I am looking for a bike, not sure not to get.  Thinking of getting a Honda Alan Partridge (I mean deauville).

I did it on a exup in 2019, but wanted to use something more challenging. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lushman said:

I am looking for a bike, not sure not to get.  Thinking of getting a Honda Alan Partridge (I mean deauville).

@SWTHis selling one, I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lushman said:

I am selling a 91 cbr6

18 minutes ago, EXUPDEL said:

I am selling a 91 cbr6

Could be interested. Do you have any details?

cheers

11 minutes ago, Lushman said:

Could be interested. Do you have 

If any of the class of 22 are looking for a bike I am selling my CBR6 that I used last year.

1340802173_Advert1.jpg.69dca0e09062f45ab83796a7e0e448fd.jpg

Since last years ride I have treated it to a new shock and radiator. Was gonna keep it and use it as a winter bike as well as for this years ride but being as I am not riding I am happy to sell it on. 

Can chuck in a top box and plate if the new rider wants it. Needs a rear tyre.

Usual rules Must be used for the challenge and mustn't be sold on for a profit. Still not convinced I want to sell it as I am really rather fond of my CBRat but could use the space.

It had a full strip and rebuild last year in preparation for the event so not really a lot that needs doing. 

Price to be agreed but will be under this years budget. 

Has a current MOT but will need a new one before the big ride. I am located near Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Edited Wednesday at 02:13 PM by EXUPDEL
  • Like 1

I did the event on a RF900 first time and second was a GS500E, the RF was monumentally uncomfortable, the GS was pretty awesome, flat out everywhere lolz

I have managed to secure a 1999 Honda vfr 800, needs new brakes, front folks, not been mot’d for 2 years and been outside for the past year, so lots to tidy up,  it’s a step forward and I will dig out the fine adjustment hammer to sort it. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Arthur71 said:

I have managed to secure a 1999 Honda vfr 800, needs new brakes, front folks, not been mot’d for 2 years and been outside for the past year, so lots to tidy up,  it’s a step forward and I will dig out the fine adjustment hammer to sort it. 

Channelling your inner Hawkati.