the ring of confidence?

hawkati

For a moment when i saw the BTG time I thought i had lapped quicker in my car until i watched and they had to slow for that incident :)

You have to be bloody sure some knob in a BMW hasn't spat out its oil on the track to ride like that  

• Like 1

Watched until turn 1 and saw the feckin foot dangler then just ff bits, watched him bottle it on the Karusell and though yeah he's kinda quick (quicker than me, I was 45 seconds slower on a TDM 850) but not really stupidly scary quick.

35 minutes ago, jollygiant said:

Watched until turn 1 and saw the feckin foot dangler then just ff bits, watched him bottle it on the Karusell and though yeah he's kinda quick (quicker than me, I was 45 seconds slower on a TDM 850) but not really stupidly scary quick.

I've done a 9m43 on my NC30...  was ragging the poor old bugger.  The dude on that black bike looked sketchy!

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:10 AM, jollygiant said:

watched him bottle it on the Karusell and though yeah he's kinda quick

Not sure he bottled it, more like fucked up his gear change, he got it right for the second one 😁

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, CMSMJ1 said:

I've done a 9m43 on my NC30...  was ragging the poor old bugger.  The dude on that black bike looked sketchy!

Did you stop for a fag half way round?🤣

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gixxerthou said:

Did you stop for a fag half way round?🤣

I stopped to pick up my pillion pad as it fell off before Aremberg :D  It was also a long time ago and I was scared to death!  

I don't think I would be any faster these days either

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMSMJ1 said:

I stopped to pick up my pillion pad as it fell off before Aremberg :D  It was also a long time ago and I was scared to death!  

I don't think I would be any faster these days either

It's intimidating for some folk when they go. Personally I used to love it, and I can't wait to go back again. It's been a few years since I've seen the inside of a German Krankenhause 😲 🤪, wonder if they've changed...

35911_2056621112870_1251184337_n_2056621112870

Edited by Gixxerthou
  • Like 2

I like the place really - have done 19.5 laps.  Never driven a car round it though and plan to do that sometime.

Last time I rode there was in 2010 ish - so it's been a long old while.

Once upon a time you might get a few chaps together on here and arrange a zoom down for a session...but no-one has a bike these days :D 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CMSMJ1 said:

I like the place really - have done 19.5 laps.  Never driven a car round it though and plan to do that sometime.

Once upon a time you might get a few chaps together on here and arrange a zoom down for a session...but no-one has a bike these days :D 

Ok, well, when you do the LPG conversion on the Elgrand we can both go, and you can take my bike in the back of it, how's that?

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:10 AM, jollygiant said:

I can remember the first time I got my knee down in the Karussel, when I got back to the car park I had a 'Moment'...🤪 It was quite emotional... lol

• Haha 1

I've done 1 lap... i think it may have been an hour... sure felt like it.

I've been offered free laps when i've been there since and never once even considered saying yes.

• Like 1

I used to go twice a year, completed quite a few laps mainly in cars to be honest as most my biking buddies were not happy to take their pride and joy on the track. Went on a tour once, stayed at sliders, the tour was shit tbh! 

Can link the car vids if your interested.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:27 PM, CMSMJ1 said:

How do you do half a lap unless you had a ride in a helicopter?

16 minutes ago, fastfreddybikes said:

On most weekends there is an entrance/exit at Breidscheid, ignore me having a lay down and you can see the entry on the righthand side, as for the helicopter, been there done that same time

Halfway point.jpg

Halfway Helicopter.jpg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, fastfreddybikes said:

As per the updates from @rossm  (do you pay for the helicopter BTW?)

You buy your 4.5 lap tickets (was about EUR100 last time?)  at the cafe at Adenau bridge and you get onto the track for a nice warm up half a lap.  It's a great part of the track, the backside, so worth the slightly more to get the half a lap.  The downsides are that the people who have been on the preceding half a lap are fucking on it by the time they are crossing this bridge and so when you join with wide eyes and whickering bumhole you have to press on.  

I'm thinking to go back next year for a few more laps - I feel the draw of it.  It is a challenge, it is scary but it is a throwback to an older time when you had the choices to take risk.

Having watched recent videos on that face-tube with the number of numpty's on the rise I've gone full 180 on wishing I'd gotten to drive/ride the place at least once to almost a full "fuck that!" I think you'd need to pay me to do it these days!

Given the amount of sketchiness witnessed on 3-4 corners of multiple 12-20 minute vides and extrapolating for the the other 150 odd corners and unwitnessed dick-ishness by people in vehicles they're not driving or riding (they might be just about hanging on but they 'ain't driving or riding these things) all this before you put in a tourist coach or an unseen/reported fluid spill, etc fuck that!