Johnson End cans

Tom Mac

Are these still available anywhere?

a quick googling just brings up links to the current PM - which I doubt will be of any help in the quest for end cans for 2 strokes. 

This is of no help at all, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title was that it's a euphemism for your testicles, your johnson end cans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think Tom Mac might be on about Bob Johnson, he use to make some real nice stuff, he use to be based near me, but haven't heard any murmers for years now, no help, but i once delivered an NR750 to him, so he could make some cans for it.

• Like 3

They are bloody lovely, well worth seeking out but thought they stopped making them in the late 90’s iirc?

9319A56B-D952-4C4C-9704-6EF411195D86.jpeg

Edited by srad34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, srad34 said:

They are bloody lovely, well worth seeking out but thought they stopped making them in the late 90’s iirc?

9319A56B-D952-4C4C-9704-6EF411195D86.jpeg

Mid to late 90's had some good (above) and not so good firms trying to make a name for themselves,, our local one was called sidekick exhausts,, stopped a long time ago now though.. 

• Like 1

Iirc these were also Johnson

bikepics-423937-full.jpg

This is I think a real Pentax SP minus it's correct bodywork and Dymags.

Or it could be his stock R model just chucked together.

Whatever, Tanuki (once of this parish) was the owner. They were good times, great bikes going for not a lot of cash.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 10:12 AM, lorenzo said:

This is of no help at all, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title was that it's a euphemism for your testicles, your johnson end cans.

@ballbag liked that one....I think you're onto something there, a captive audience as it were.

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
20 hours ago, si.likes.guiness said:

ive got the johnsons off my old rgv on my nsr

P1030216.JPG

Jesus, it's finally seen the light of day, or was that taken ten years ago Si.  How are you by the way.

the old girl is still on paddock stands and stored away,probably classes as a barn find now😆 that pic must be from 3 odd years ago les,those garages were knocked down that long ago,just looked at the last time i posted on the build thread,lets just say,life has had some serious ups and downs since then,so the sp has hardly been touched unfortunatly

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...