Leak down testing

dab33

Never done this on the Tz before, done a bit of googling and it's recommended, personally never had an issue with leaks before.

I have bought a kit for Accu products, just wondering what sort of pressure I should be putting in?

Tia Dave

5 or 6 psi max

it it holds for 20 mins it’s all good

Tzs leak from the carb manifolds (bad)

and the pv seals ( not so bad)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your question has been answered anyway but I wanted to join in! I'd not ever bothered before the last rebuild on the LC. It turned up a leak on one inlet, which probably would have had me scratching my head over running issues. For the time and cost (very little as I got some 3D printed stuffers) it was well worth doing. I also used 5psi and looked for it holding over 20mins.

Let us know how you get on with your kit.

20181028_172412 (1).jpg

• Like 3

Yeah it only needs 20 mins

there is a guide online from a chap who raced competitively in ama on the tz.

it’s basically a guide on running and maintaining a tz with contributions from lots of racers.

I’ll see if I can find a link

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Centre YPVS Power valve seals leak at 5 psi , making a squeak , which changes note when you rotate them . All new seals and bushes , power valves have been matched to the barrel porting . Should I be worried about this ?

feeding it from a 5psi regulated air supply that seams to be the only leak.

18 hours ago, DougW said:

Centre YPVS Power valve seals leak at 5 psi , making a squeak , which changes note when you rotate them . All new seals and bushes , power valves have been matched to the barrel porting . Should I be worried about this ?

feeding it from a 5psi regulated air supply that seams to be the only leak.

Personally I wouldn't be worried about that leak. The whole area around the YPVS expands when the engine is running that maintaining a gas tight seal is unlikely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1