LDU/LDC project for sale. NOW SOLD!

jaycee

Deauville

Honda Deauville, bought by me on a whim a few days after this year's event with a plan to do 2024.

Another, more exciting, 2-wheeled performance bike related opportunity has arisen, but I need every penny I can get to realise it, so this is up for sale. 

I'm looking to get my £270 back. 

Located 20 miles east of Edinburgh, could deliver locally, or possibly meet someone halfway. 

Edited by jaycee
  • Like 1

Does it come with the stabiliser wheels just in the background? 

If I was a LOT closer and had enough space I could have been interested, but I am sure someone else will buy the ultra comfy frugal LDU stunner... Fit twin Supertrapps to one and it sounds a LOT more sporty,, 😁

I can't mate anyway,got no space at all.. I am Plymouth, 😏, just get someone on it quick and you have your wedge 👍

As for questions on them, so long as the shaft drive is still OK, the rest of it will work fine and dandy normally.. Hammer isn't normally needed on these 😁

Edited by firebeast

My mate Paul, thrashed the living beJesus ran an NTV (unfaired) version he bought from @IforB this year, the bloody thing ran like a Swiss watch and never touched a drop of oil.

Perfect LDU fodder

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, firebeast said:

I can't mate anyway,got no space at all.. I am Plymouth, 😏, just get someone on it quick and you have your wedge 👍

As for questions on them, so long as the shaft drive is still OK, the rest of it will work fine and dandy normally.. Hammer isn't normally needed on these 😁

I've got to go to Brizzle if I get my next acquisition, so Plimuff isn't that much further 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herr V. said:

My mate Paul, thrashed the living beJesus ran an NTV (unfaired) version he bought from @IforB this year, the bloody thing ran like a Swiss watch and never touched a drop of oil.

Perfect LDU fodder

The ntv crash a lot better than the heavier deauville as well🤣  wouldn't be as comfy on ldu, but handle better due to weighing(comparatively) a lot less.... Set of bt45s and leave lots for dead when wet/cold.. 😉

1 minute ago, jaycee said:

I've got to go to Brizzle if I get my next acquisition, so Plimuff isn't that much further 

You would be surprised tbh ,another 4 to 5 hrs in a van both ways.. but either way I am a no, thanks for the thought though👍

I just appreciate the bikes as rode them for years as they cost nowt to run year after year and was great for local wacky work races and winter etc, 😏

Considering the cost of current fuel prices, it would save someone a bundle over some other stuff,, doing the 2k miles. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Herr V. said:

Perfect LDU fodder

And try as I might I couldn't drop the fukker either.🤣

Will try harder next year!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jaycee said:

Sold, pending the usual. 😊

So how long till we see the new full bloodied stallion that's replacing the old workhorse 🤔

28 minutes ago, firebeast said:

So how long till we see the new full bloodied stallion that's replacing the old workhorse 🤔

I'll need to find a day that suits me, @SWTH and the chap selling what will be my new project as I'll be driving to Wiltshire to drop off the Deauville, then on to Brizzle to pick up the new one.

It will divide opinion. Some will love it, some will hate it, other will be overcome with "meh". 

I am very much in the love it camp. It was literally a childhood poster bike for me. 

• Like 4

I’ve been having thoughts over this thing, the plastics need repair so it’ll probably need paint at some stage. 

And I have a mate who works in an automotive paint supplier, as well as being able to paint stuff.

Maybe Rothmans colours? Or dog cock pink with lashings of fake carbon fibre wrap? 

This could get very silly...

Edited by SWTH
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jaycee said:

I'll need to find a day that suits me, @SWTH and the chap selling what will be my new project as I'll be driving to Wiltshire to drop off the Deauville, then on to Brizzle to pick up the new one.

It will divide opinion. Some will love it, some will hate it, other will be overcome with "meh". 

I am very much in the love it camp. It was literally a childhood poster bike for me. 

So long as you love it , fuk what anyone else thinks, if it makes you smile, 👍

Said it earlier, but my ntv's,( not the Deauville as rode them but never owned) , did such a great job at cheap fast commuting, as well as embarrassing quite a bit of 'proper' bikes at times, I always have a soft spot for them.. Sad, but true.. 

31 minutes ago, SWTH said:

I’ve been having thoughts over this thing, the plastics need repair so it’ll probably need paint at some stage. 

And I have a mate who works in an automotive paint supplier, as well as being able to paint stuff.

Maybe Rothmans colours? Or dog cock pink with lashings of fake carbon fibre wrap? 

One of those in rothmans would likely get more confused looks than a pink cock with carbon pubes 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, firebeast said:

One of those in rothmans would likely get more confused looks than a pink cock with carbon pubes 😉

Those pannier box things would make great balls though...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SWTH said:

Rothmans.

• Like 1

• jaycee changed the title to LDU/LDC project for sale. NOW SOLD!
On 11/5/2021 at 8:38 PM, SWTH said:

Surely, you should do it in FP1 colours, just to take the piss out of @CRM?

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Surely, you should do it in FP1 colours, just to take the piss out of @CRM?

Now that is an excellent idea.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SWTH said:

I like this idea very much.

Get @Sidkinky to do some fancy graphics to play on the FP1 sponsors .

On 11/5/2021 at 8:38 PM, SWTH said:

Tasteful DUREX logo would be the correct answer 

On 11/5/2021 at 8:30 PM, jaycee said:

Did you say Wiltshire? That's almost the shire. You're more than welcome to pop in!

*have you outed the new bike yet?