The RX'erection

cuban pete

If you had asked me a month ago about doing the LDU up again , the answer would have been No... Nooooo.... NO!.... Absoutely not. 

Sat in traffic this morning considering the LDU I did my best impression of the chewit monster when you ask it about the empire state building. 

The zzr was epic, but it's left me with tinnitus, my right foot being partially numb and one of the fingers on my right hand feeling like it's wearing a condom. You know it's doing something and you have shoved it somewhere... But that's it. 

So health wise, I'm parking it...Plus I have done the zzr thing for now and a change seems fun 

I'm in a bike buying ban phase.... So it needs to be something in the current inventory. 

A good while ago, Bruce (Hylar), me (twat) and some bloke called Stu did a trip to the pairofknees on Inappropriate motorcycles.  My slice of impropriety was a GPZ1000RX

It's slightly over budget by a few hundred quid at 2014 purchase price,so let's get that out of the way 😊 but read on... 

After landing in Bilboa we proceeded to blat across northern Spain and into southern France at fairly illegal speed baiting a lot of newer bikes along the way

Alll the write ups by the journos of the day concerning  the gpzRX I mostly  disagree with 

Maybe thats unfair as they were using the GPZ900R as a benchmark and the 1000RX is.... Not that.  

You just have to see it as a forerunner to the Zzr1100 and you are in the ballpark.  It will crush a continent at speed and rock it in the twisties if you don't mind wresting it, but trackwork.... Nah. 

So, getting back to it.  After blatting back from St Tropez on the bike which took from 8am to 3am next morning with fuel stops and ferry, I pulled up on the drive exhausted... And the bike quitely shat its head gasket. Poetry 😁 

I pushed it into the garage and have done fuck all with it since as its basically fucked .  It's a dusty relic that hasn't run in a loooong time

I need to do the LDU on it 😈

I have some lovely bikes and I'm incredibly lucky,  but I would sell most of them before the GPZ . Its quick, quiet (ish). And ticks the ancient big Kawasaki box.  it's awesome 😍

So, the reserection starts here 😊

IMG-20210901-105812.jpg

Edited by cuban pete
  • Like 14

doooo itttt!

I love those bikes - i had my one true terror moment on a bike tankslapping one at an indicated 150 down cumnor hill. Awesome. 

I think with a bit of judicious hammering a set of zxr750 wheels fit....that'll get you decent rubber. 

gwan, gwan, gwan, etc...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hawkati said:

doooo itttt!

I love those bikes - i had my one true terror moment on a bike tankslapping one at an indicated 150 down cumnor hill. Awesome. 

I think with a bit of judicious hammering a set of zxr750 wheels fit....that'll get you decent rubber. 

gwan, gwan, gwan, etc...

The 1000rx is one of my favourite bikes ever and the sort of big fast lorry that kawasaki did so well 😊

The kids affectionately call it ' Big Red ' 

Mine never did slap but it got lively in a puppyish way. Modernish rubber and the rear hagon were a plus  

It's staying on the 16's and stock brakes for shits and giggles 😂

Edited by cuban pete
  • Like 1

I see one of them by me quite regularly, size of the back tyre looks a bit comical to me for something that size, apparently a certain zzr swingarm fits without too much of a fight.

So the 1100 being put into permanent hibernation or do you have further plans?

13 minutes ago, noely02 said:

I see one of them by me quite regularly, size of the back tyre looks a bit comical to me for something that size, apparently a certain zzr swingarm fits without too much of a fight.

So the 1100 being put into permanent hibernation or do you have further plans?

It's currently sat with the flies s still stuck to it 😂

It's sticking around forever that one as it just a brilliant bike that looked after me  ❤️   

Edited by cuban pete
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cuban pete said:

It's currently sat with the flies s still stuck to it 😂

It's sticking around forever that one as it just a brilliant bike that looked after me  ❤️   

That's not saying much, the ZXR still has the mud in it from the Gooseneck in 2013 doesn't it?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ZXRRDave said:

That's not saying much, the ZXR still has the mud in it from the Gooseneck in 2013 doesn't it?

Horrible truth is, the K was very much built for Thunderbikes and the interest in rebuilding it isn't there yet for me.  This year is the first year since 2013 that I just haven't felt any twinge to race in amy form.  Its a bit of a relief if I'm honest 😂

I will get round to the k at some point.   Kate wants to build up SRAD's old L to use as her track bike, so we start that this weekend. Maybe I will get some zxr love back 😊

There is the small matter of Tess's ehem... Thing on the horizon as well 😂

Edited by cuban pete

16 minutes ago, cuban pete said:

Spent the day digging this out. 

IMG-20210904-102418.jpg

Think it may be a little over LDC budget

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cuban pete said:

Spent the day digging this out. 

IMG-20210904-102418.jpg

I'll give you £300 for it and promise to do the LDC on it.

Edited by Superdunc
  • Haha 4

On 9/1/2021 at 11:35 AM, cuban pete said:

It's slightly over budget by a few hundred quid at 2014 purchase price,so let's get that out of the way 😊 but read on... 

[snip]

So, getting back to it.  After blatting back from St Tropez on the bike which took from 8am to 3am next morning with fuel stops and ferry, I pulled up on the drive exhausted... And the bike quitely shat its head gasket. Poetry 😁 

So, you bought a working bike for over the budget, then it broke, hence knocking it under the budget. There you go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

So, you bought a working bike for over the budget, then it broke, hence knocking it under the budget. There you go.

It's possiblyy favourite bike ever 😊

It looked after me and the moment it's didn't have to it shit it's pants 😂

Perfect ❤️

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, cuban pete said:

all over the picture of you in a kilt

I'm sexy as fuck I am 🤠

• Haha 1