4xv 5jj R1 320mm disc options

hybrid400

With one eye on putting a radial front end on the trx to replace the 4vx r1 forks currently on it,does anybody know which 320mm discs will fit a 4xv/5jj front wheel.I could use a later 5 spoke yam front wheel but want to keep the 3 spoke 5jj front.I have seen on the tinternet  that a fjr1300 uses a 320 disc and has the same bolt pattern,could any one enlighten me on such mysteries,cheers peeps.

Yep FJR 1300.  look similar to the R1 discs but 320mm.

• Like 1

Loads of Yams used a 320mm disc, and as far as I know they all had the same offset (10.5mm) - certainly my YZF Pinky used them, EXUPs, XJRs, a single 320 on some of the smaller bikes (maybe some TZR250, SRX600?). Same size as Ducati 916 / 996, 900SS and so on. Also Guzzi and Laverda.

Just now, DesmoEddy said:

Loads of Yams used a 320mm disc, and as far as I know they all had the same offset (10.5mm) - certainly my YZF Pinky used them, EXUPs, XJRs, a single 320 on some of the smaller bikes (maybe some TZR250, SRX600?). Same size as Ducati 916 / 996, 900SS and so on. Also Guzzi and Laverda.

The R1 and FJR1300 are a much bigger  PCD. All zero offset

12 minutes ago, Superdunc said:

The R1 and FJR1300 are a much bigger  PCD. All zero offset

Thanks for that. @hybrid400 Please ignore my inaccurate drivel...!

• Haha 1

I have always gone by braking.it website since they did the old original wavey stuff. Not ebc etc, as the braking site used to give offset, bolt centre sizing as well.. They cross ref all the discs so you know for sure what fits. I had a pair of yam braking discs once in some parts and fairly sure the pt number they showed were for the fjr and I seem to recall the R7..  Not the rest of them, so may be worth a look and it's a  useful site anyway for future ref.. 👍

• Like 1

Plus some used 5 and some 6 bolt mounting, hence not being able to use the different year R1 discs when they went from 298mm to 320mm in 2004.

• Like 1