Do I get a prize?

Gix

For the first purchase of a bike for LDC 2022 ?

I have managed to pull a real blag and will let the cat out of the bag after I have collected it on Sat

I had negotiated a deal on a CBR600FX that was totally rotten, and I was due to collect that this weekend until I chanced upon a ad on a FB group within minutes of it appearing and I paid the asking price 2 minutes later

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gix said:

For the first purchase of a bike for LDC 2022 ?

I have managed to pull a real blag and will let the cat out of the bag after I have collected it on Sat

I had negotiated a deal on a CBR600FX that was totally rotten, and I was due to collect that this weekend until I chanced upon a ad on a FB group within minutes of it appearing and I paid the asking price 2 minutes later

Yes, coz everyone says you are special.

How the feck do you all manage to find these £300 bargains ffs, irrelevant of the ldu side of things, which I do realise can get a price down, but some of the so called shit heaps you blag would fetch a shedlaod more down in deepest southwest...  I freely admit I don't look that much, but know its like its own mini economy down here where every nobber thinks its all worth double the price of anywhere else... 😠

If I can get my ass back on a bike early enough before next years ldu I could be tempted,, but actually finding something remotely worthy for 300 hard earned will fetch a 50cc stolen scooter here.. Not a bloody fx, which I know full well will turn over easy with a decent battery, once primed... 

Edit.  as per title,, yes, you should get a prize imho 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by firebeast
  • Like 2

Do you want a swap it for a GSX750F?

Fecking thing

20 hours ago, Gix said:

I had negotiated a deal on a CBR600FX that was totally rotten

How is this even possible when the frame and a fair few other bits are alloy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jenny Pryde said:

How is this even possible when the frame and a fair few other bits are alloy?

Which makes it all the more salvageable. Tank is toast but a replacement is £35 on ebay, possibly forks fecked, all bearings, seals etc. Been outside for 12 years

cbrldd.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I  know its slightly over budget but I didn't have the heart to haggle😁

Seller did say he will throw in a new rentec grabrail and also a new sportsrack he bought for it along with a new exhaust😲

• Like 1

Oh you utter gent!😂😂😂😂😂 

Hope it behaves and good luck with that riding position. Ape hangers may be necessary...

52 minutes ago, hawkati said:

Oh you utter gent!😂😂😂😂😂 

Hope it behaves and good luck with that riding position. Ape hangers may be necessary...

I did the first LDD on a 750srad..very comfy it was too..but it took two weeks for me to get the feeling back in my hands

That is top drawer,almost too good to be used on the ldu,,lol,, how do people not look at bike prices going up and think it's worth putting back together to get atleast £1500 in that condition minimum,, but see what I mean, the fx is still good mind, will fire up once carbs cleaned,, would be happy to pay the money for that if it was down here. Probably got a couple of bits to sling on one as well,, great bike, even if they do eat camchain tensioners sometimes.. 👍👍

Couple of hours this morning taking off the very nice, race subframe (which will be sold to cover the 50 quid overspend), reconnecting some switchgear and refitting the tank and the bike is a runner 😁. Now with a battery on, I can see it has only done 22k and comes with a full service history. It was originally bought from new by the director of the company, that the guy I bought it off, worked for. So it has had a pretty easy life, until now.

At least I can bury it in the corner of the garage now until May next year 😁

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gix said:

Couple of hours this morning taking off the very nice, race subframe (which will be sold to cover the 50 quid overspend), reconnecting some switchgear and refitting the tank and the bike is a runner 😁. Now with a battery on, I can see it has only done 22k and comes with a full service history. It was originally bought from new by the director of the company, that the guy I bought it off, worked for. So it has had a pretty easy life, until now.

At least I can bury it in the corner of the garage now until May next year 😁

I would congratulate you, but I'm not talking to you, cos I'm jealous of you being so spawny.

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 5:20 PM, firebeast said:

How the feck do you all manage to find these £300 bargains ffs, irrelevant of the ldu side of things, which I do realise can get a price down, but some of the so called shit heaps you blag would fetch a shedlaod more down in deepest southwest...  I freely admit I don't look that much, but know its like its own mini economy down here where every nobber thinks its all worth double the price of anywhere else... 😠

If I can get my ass back on a bike early enough before next years ldu I could be tempted,, but actually finding something remotely worthy for 300 hard earned will fetch a 50cc stolen scooter here.. Not a bloody fx, which I know full well will turn over easy with a decent battery, once primed... 

Edit.  as per title,, yes, you should get a prize imho 🤣🤣🤣

Been looking for £300 candidates since getting back from P1  Nothing worth seeing on Facebook Market Place.

Currently on ebay 

NTV rat bike with Mot until June 2022 £220 ish

Kwak GT550 looks OK but no mot £120 ish

CBR600 steelie project in many boxes, no paperwork, £125 ish

Will be interesting to see how the bids for these finish. Maybe winter is a better time to buy?

14 minutes ago, blow_away said:

Been looking for £300 candidates since getting back from P1  Nothing worth seeing on Facebook Market Place.

Currently on ebay 

NTV rat bike with Mot until June 2022 £220 ish

Kwak GT550 looks OK but no mot £120 ish

CBR600 steelie project in many boxes, no paperwork, £125 ish

Will be interesting to see how the bids for these finish. Maybe winter is a better time to buy?

I can't look nationally though, depending how far you look? I would be personally happy finding a slightly iffy dullville, as its frugal and comfy and I know the engines last, but it's not likely down here, 

1 hour ago, heds954 said:

I'm in a similar situation, as I don't have a driver's licence, let alone a van to collect stuff.

That was me 10yrs ago, no van still tho.. Your just still keeping it hardcore 2 wheels 👍

• Like 1

I travel about a fair bit and could probably help with collection/delivery

Plenty about on market place but you have to act fast. A couple of guys were asking pointless questions about the SRAD I bought such as what miles, are tyres ok etc etc, whilst I was just messaging the guy saying I will take it.

Its a £350 bike, expect some shit.

Bonus though, the race subframe that was on, has been taken off and the standard put back on..advertised the race one for £100, and sold it today😁

• Like 4