Engineer needed. Bobbins.

ste996

1 hour ago, 426hemi said:

Have you seen the ones racetorx make that fit on the pinch bolts.

Sorry fella just reread your post. Paid attention this time. 
Yes very nice they are. 

How far from the end is the centre of that 4mm hole? And I'm presuming you've got a pin for that hole? And its a solid part, no through hole (I'm having trouble picturing the application)?

I’ll measure it when I get home and take a photo of it with the stand. It will make things easier to see what it does. They are solid with a through hole the pin is removable it holds the bobbin to the paddock stand. 

On 6/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, ste996 said:

I need some bobbins making for a paddock stand in alloy or steel not fussed either will do. 
Can anyone help please. 

Yes.

Is this for the bike in your avatar? I too can't quite picture how these bobbins interface with a stand, but pop up some pics when you get a moment. I have a 916 here to check test fit (if these bits are for a 996).

9 hours ago, DesmoEddy said:

Yes.

Is this for the bike in your avatar? I too can't quite picture how these bobbins interface with a stand, but pop up some pics when you get a moment. I have a 916 here to check test fit (if these bits are for a 996).

No mate it’s for my Rsv4, but some could be made to fit if you have the stand for them to fit. Thanks for the offer of help. 

8 hours ago, CMSMJ1 said:

It's just like the front under fork leg stands isn't it?  

Instead of a cup or foot it has a pin that locates on the hole under the fork leg? 

Is the correct answer. Have some cheese. 

The hole centres are 6mm from the bottom. 

696F2A28-9876-41CC-ADC1-9445FD54329E.jpeg

67644665-D364-44D6-AB14-71A5EDBB8B72.jpeg

Edited by ste996
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ste996 said:

No mate it’s for my Rsv4, but some could be made to fit if you have the stand for them to fit. Thanks for the offer of help. 

Is the correct answer. Have some cheese. 

The hole centres are 6mm from the bottom. 

696F2A28-9876-41CC-ADC1-9445FD54329E.jpeg

67644665-D364-44D6-AB14-71A5EDBB8B72.jpeg

And you're happy with a 4mm hole? Seems like a small diameter pin to take the front-end weight of the bike.

PXL_20210616_093451631

Are the parts in your photos the same...or do they have a larger diameter spigot on the end which engages with a fork bottom? The seem to have a greater than 1mm difference between the diameters of the ends, is all.

2 hours ago, DesmoEddy said:

And you're happy with a 4mm hole? Seems like a small diameter pin to take the front-end weight of the bike.

PXL_20210616_093451631

Are the parts in your photos the same...or do they have a larger diameter spigot on the end which engages with a fork bottom? The seem to have a greater than 1mm difference between the diameters of the ends, is all.

Yes, happy with a 4mm hole not had a problem with the pins before. Looks spot on 👍. The holes in fork bottom have a lip in them a few millimetres in which reduces the width. They do look larger when you first look. 

4 minutes ago, ste996 said:

Yes, happy with a 4mm hole not had a problem with the pins before. Looks spot on 👍. The holes in fork bottom have a lip in them a few millimetres in which reduces the width. They do look larger when you first look. 

And you have the pins & r-clips?