GsxR FI Light

Jimmeeh

Half way to work yesterday dash threw up the 'FI' light. No biggy I thought.

This is my 2nd early 00s GsxR, and both have chucked them up few times, and generally went away upon next start cycle. Was doing an oil change today anyway, so stuck a paperclip in the service plug.

Initially got C00 which is a generic fault, then when I started it I now have C35 which is injector signal on cylinder #4.

Is there a way of clearing the codes without a dealer tool? Does disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a bit clear it?

If the battery does clear it, the code is re-appearing about within 10-20 sec of running after start up.

Bike seems to run ok. It's still firing on all 4. Bike is a K3 1000.

Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, Jimmeeh said:

Half way to work yesterday dash threw up the 'FI' light. No biggy I thought.

This is my 2nd early 00s GsxR, and both have chucked them up few times, and generally went away upon next start cycle. Was doing an oil change today anyway, so stuck a paperclip in the service plug.

Initially got C00 which is a generic fault, then when I started it I now have C35 which is injector signal on cylinder #4.

Is there a way of clearing the codes without a dealer tool? Does disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a bit clear it?

If the battery does clear it, the code is re-appearing about within 10-20 sec of running after start up.

Bike seems to run ok. It's still firing on all 4. Bike is a K3 1000.

Any suggestions?

Didnt jm have a similar FI light and the ecu connection was full of flys and shit. Cleaned it out and all was tutto bene. If that doesn’t fix it obviously it’s fucked and I give you a monkey for it frote cutting in progress etc etc

1 minute ago, fastfreddybikes said:

Didnt jm have a similar FI light and the ecu connection was full of flys and shit. Cleaned it out and all was tutto bene. If that doesn’t fix it obviously it’s fucked and I give you a monkey for it frote cutting in progress etc etc

Not sure. I did do a few searches before posting.

The bike did sit from mid-March last year with a full tank of super unleaded until a week ago basically. Around Xmas I chucked some fuel stabiliser in, but may have been too late by then. It only got started 2 or 3 times in that 15 month lay up.

6 minutes ago, Jimmeeh said:

Not sure. I did do a few searches before posting.

The bike did sit from mid-March last year with a full tank of super unleaded until a week ago basically. Around Xmas I chucked some fuel stabiliser in, but may have been too late by then. It only got started 2 or 3 times in that 15 month lay up.

Fuel stabiliser as an Xmas present, you old romantic you. 

• Haha 1