What's Decent Chain Lube?

rusty

I've just used the last of a can of Wurth Dry Chain Lube on the bike so before I buy another tin, is there anything better that's worth getting instead?

I'm on my first can of S100 dry lube, always used regular chain lube before. Is it a dry lube thing that the rollers on the chain are shiny within about 300km's/180miles? Often sooner. 

I always used shiny rollers as an indicator that the chain needs lubing. And it seems the dry lube does not last very long. 

No more crap on the rear wheel, back of number plate and bottom of the tail though 👌🏻

Got some banana flavoured chain lube currently. It’s got a picture of a monkey on the can. Most appropriate really.

It’s actually been pretty good. 

Edited by marvin

5 minutes ago, marvin said:

Got some banana flavoured chain lube currently. It’s go a picture of a monkey on the can. Most appropriate really.

How long did it take before you licked it then?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, marvin said:

Got some banana flavoured chain lube currently. It’s got a picture of a monkey on the can. Most appropriate really.

You sure it's chain lube? Just saying like ;)

9 hours ago, Pinkbike1 said:

You sure it's chain lube? Just saying like ;)

5D60EE18-87DC-4E71-A73C-76D16EBFCD80.jpeg.eb2779b9522a9a03b8bfc1e8766815b3.jpeg

Its this one. 

The other one for mutual pleasure is strawberry flavour obviously.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, nampus said:

I'm on my first can of S100 dry lube, always used regular chain lube before. Is it a dry lube thing that the rollers on the chain are shiny within about 300km's/180miles? Often sooner. 

I always used shiny rollers as an indicator that the chain needs lubing. And it seems the dry lube does not last very long. 

No more crap on the rear wheel, back of number plate and bottom of the tail though 👌🏻

I've always used Wurth dry lube, and my rollers are always shiny. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still use old oil and a brush at home.

Away I have little  cans of Silkolene.

I have a can of the Würth stuff too.

No matter what I've tried over the years lube wise, I always end up reverting back to gear oil.

I'm using a castrol racing chain lubricant. I was using the wurth stuff, but I wanst really sure when it needed redoing so I was going through loads of it. The castrol stuff seems quite good.