Tell me about Wheel Spinnery things.

Supercoolnothing

As the title says I'm toying with buying something like This but I'm not sure if they're worth it or if there's something better on the market. 

I already have paddock stands but it's a pain in the arse dragging them out everytime I want to lube the chain or something else that involves spinning one of the wheels. 

• Like 1

To save yourself forty odd sovs, leave your bike on the paddock stand whenever you park up, job jobbed, then you wont have the pain of draggin  that spinner thing out and wheeling your bike on to it.

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

As the title says I'm toying with buying something like This but I'm not sure if they're worth it or if there's something better on the market. 

I already have paddock stands but it's a pain in the arse dragging them out everytime I want to lube the chain or something else that involves spinning one of the wheels. 

Is putting a bike on a paddock stand really too much of an issue?

12 minutes ago, Gobert said:

Apparently so :eusa_think:

1 hour ago, Gobert said:

Limited space in the garage and it's buried away under all the "essential" crap that the missus has decreed must be stored in there. 

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Limited space in the garage and it's buried away under all the "essential" crap that the missus has decreed must be stored in there. 

Get an ABBA stand 2nd hand for about the same money, it does a better job and you can d the front as well and easier to store imo.. 👍

3 hours ago, marvin said:

Got one. Don’t use it.

This. 

@Supercoolnothing, I saw a roller gadget thing I've had for twenty years in the garage the other day.

I'll throw it in the van and you can have it from me at Dunoon if you're going to be helping out at the LDU pitstop 

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 10:53 PM, firebeast said:

Get an ABBA stand 2nd hand for about the same money, it does a better job and you can d the front as well and easier to store imo.. 👍

Yes, I've rediscovered my old Abba stand, had it for years but hardly used it. But now I have a single side swingarm and no appropriate paddock stand I've been forced back to it - happily too, it's brilliant.

But if the OP finds a regular paddock stand too much hassle, the Abba won't be the answer for him.

3 minutes ago, Elohesra said:

Yes, I've rediscovered my old Abba stand, had it for years but hardly used it. But now I have a single side swingarm and no appropriate paddock stand I've been forced back to it - happily too, it's brilliant.

But if the OP finds a regular paddock stand too much hassle, the Abba won't be the answer for him.

They take all of a minute to fit and set up, after you try a couple of times, so I don't really know what the issue is and for anyone, like me, lol, who didn't use bobbins on their first bike (cbr400 gullarm back in 90's) with swingarm not of equal height, they don't allow the bike to topple if your being a pillock 🙄🤣

They also take up less space than a paddock stand as well . I know trackdays etc it's no use, but for proper maintenence at home, especially that you can't do on paddock stands, it's a no brainer for me.. 👍

I hear you, and agree.

I'm using the Abba with an old NWS (are they still going?) 'Up Front' stand, which is also a great thing - locates under the bottom yoke and leaves the entire area around the front of the bike clear. It is a bit tight on some faired bikes - gets a bit close to the radiator or bellypan but on my Superduke it's a joy to use.

Workshop Tools

• Like 1