Advice on Suspension Linkage (Dogbone?) for an idiot please............

Novarally

Be gentle with me as I'm a relative newcomer to bike mechanics (ok, I can take them apart quite well but this time it has to go back together).

Today I finally got around to replacing the rear shock in my Daytona 675. This is the standard damper which came out, and what I assume to be a standard suspension linkage;

16476F19-1C3C-4F32-8E24-B394637FDB84

I thought while it was out I would clean things, check the bearings and re-grease.

I have a nice Nitron shock to go in there instead;

F7CC05DE-CABB-456E-A9BE-7F1E65C9D6A6

Then I remembered that in the box of bits which came with the bike originally, I have this alternative linkage (which is quite a bit shorter) than what I believe to be the standard (black) one.

0D0A040E-D0A3-4279-924A-0C764BECBADE

So, which one should I be using? Given that I use the bike on the road and am frankly a bit slow. 

16 minutes ago, nampus said:

A quick search resulted in this:

https://www.675.cc/threads/trs-linear-linkage.28790/

The black one looks like a trs linear linkage. The short one is the standard one. 

Interesting, thank-you so much for that.

I was totally the wrong way round in my thinking then, I already had an aftermarket linkage on the bike. Seems to be a bit of confusion as to the correct orientation of the TRS one, but I shall have to research that further. Good job I asked.

When I got the bike originally it had a Maxton NR4 shock on it, along with a few other modified bits, so it's not a complete surprise that someone has been playing previously.

Edited by Novarally
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All back together now, thanks.

I've not had a test ride yet with the Nitron as I have the braking system in bits. See separate thread.

2C9187C2-91F8-4770-AC57-79748E9FC1F985B34FC1-22E8-44FE-B8C6-D9413895E8900D0FCDB0-C222-4E96-931D-3E71C17D8FC8

• Like 1