ZzbleuRghh 1100

cuban pete

Bought this from this very parish at the start of the first lockdown for hopefully doing the ldu

It's a shed.... But brilliant with it. 

Stuff already done. 

Valves clearences, carbs cleaned and balanced and various liitle faults sorted. 

Stuff to do. 

Lots... 

Edited by cuban pete
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, cuban pete said:

They are really stingy with the file size these days..... Having to compress the files 😂

compress the bike instead? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hawkati said:

please keep the wheels different colours!

Going to get a rattle can special paint job 😂

So, no doubt it will look even worse 🤣

I'm actually fond of the old girl 😊

I had to buy a replacement tank as the bottom fell out of the original while it sat in the garage. The twin system is going in favour of a muzzy I bought by accident 10 year's ago.  Lots of compatable stuff from the zxr' s sat on the shelf as well, so it may get a few zero cost  'improvements' 

Edited by cuban pete
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, noely02 said:

The green is a peel coat paint so "should" come off quite easily, and beneath is....

DSC_0053_1

Picked up a spare pair of black powder coated wheels for pence a few months back, so job jobbed 😁

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 11:32 AM, cuban pete said:

Going to get a rattle can special paint job 😂

So, no doubt it will look even worse 🤣

I'm actually fond of the old girl 😊

I had to buy a replacement tank as the bottom fell out of the original while it sat in the garage. The twin system is going in favour of a muzzy I bought by accident 10 year's ago.  Lots of compatable stuff from the zxr' s sat on the shelf as well, so it may get a few zero cost  'improvements' 

Do you still have the knackered tank?

If you do, can I have it?

I have a mate with a proper knocked about tank - may be able to use both to make him a good one.

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

Do you still have the knackered tank?

If you do, can I have it?

I have a mate with a proper knocked about tank - may be able to use both to make him a good one.

As soon as it comes off, you're welcome to it 😉

• cuban pete changed the title to ZzbleuRghh 1100
  • 2 months later...

I like the C series 11’s.

Leave the chain adjusters as they were. It raises the rear a fraction and works OK.  I’m pretty sure stock is over the top which lowers the rear a fraction. Never had a problem with chain guides when I did mine. 

Just to say I really like the new thread title.

...and they're cracking bikes. I had one for a very very short time. My one & only auction buy. Looked alright, sounded alright, it rode on & off the platform okay. Bought for £550..

...and it had no second gear. I rode it to Middlesbrough to watch Oxford play them at footy,  ride it back & got rid. But apart from that slight issue it was a stonking great supertanker and a hell of an engine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hawkati said:

...and they're cracking bikes. 

ZZR picture whoring...

83-DF4317-4-DF3-41-F3-BBDB-C740-D9-BB426

5-B60-C9-ED-EE6-F-4-A3-C-A9-B8-E195-D221

9-F81-F7-CE-682-C-4424-8-AD5-FBD2-A9-B81

It's ugly as sin, but should be well enough sorted to do the miles. 

Got to change the calipers and discs as they are bored and will put the muzzy on for extra obnoxiousnes 😊

• Like 2

Clock is ticking. I have some tinkering to do with my other zzr11, so it makes some sense to worth on the LDU bike as well. 

It's been sat for a while, so had better get it running again and moving under its own steam..IMG-20210316-140344.jpg

• Like 2

The front discs and callipers that currently grace the bike are pretty nastie and there is now way I'm trusting my life to them. 

So, changed with another set of tokico that I serviced last year from I'm guessing a gixxer and fitted another front wheel with new bearings in.  The wheels were bought for next to nothing last year and the calipers have been kicking around for years, so sort of inside the rules I think 😊

Before 

IMG-20210316-164803.jpg

After

IMG-20210316-172326.jpg

Edited by cuban pete
  • Like 6

OK, so the muzzy seems to be a decent fit. It been hanging on the wall for a decade now waiting for the right bike to go on. 

The right one never turned up, so this gent will have to do 😁

IMG-20210323-131146.jpgIMG-20210323-131138.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cuban pete said:

Carrot. Rotten as 😂

The Muzzy had better fit.. IMG-20210323-115739.jpg

That’s what aluminium foil, coke cans, exhaust wrap and jubilee clips are for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

My Bandit 600 at Cadwell 90's day in September 08. Blew at the collector on the way down somewhere north of Lincolnshire. Two coke cans, some jubilee clips and one of those Gun Gum Temporary repair things. 

It got me through scrutineering ,  but as predicted by Matt Wildee when he saw me strapping it up some more, it went early in the first session😁

It was a noisy, backfiring ride home. 

Edited by jaycee
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

I like your style 😁

But it's fucking heavy and I can't be arsed to push it..... So going to do my best to stop it going tits up on me. 😂