Yamaha R1 4XV Gear linkage bush kit??

srad34

Is there such a thing?

The linkage on mine is worn and wobbles on the shaft so needs replacing to sharpen things up. Fowlers don't sell them (or the levers anymore)... I guess it's a simple brass bush in there...

Any other recommendations for where to find one?

• Like 1

Is there such a thing?

The linkage on mine is worn and wobbles on the shaft so needs replacing to sharpen things up. Fowlers don't sell them (or the levers anymore)... I guess it's a simple brass bush in there...

Any other recommendations for where to find one?

Bit salty,but like you say nla from yamaha,could try the offer button,i assume you mean the bush in the lever itself,if im wrong just ignore me😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-YAMAHA-Shift-Pedal-Assy-NEW-OLD-stock-Ukseller-4XV-18110-00/254748726921?hash=item3b50351689:g:n2wAAOSwHfpfhyS7

Edited by hybrid400

Fit rearsets ???

Take it to an engineering shop get them to drill out the old bush and press in a new one, probably be better than the original. 

Or do you mean the gear change knuckle ???

Its the bush in the original gear lever that's worn causing the wobble. Don't really want to fit rearsets either as it's a stock roadbike, would rather find someone who can make a bush for it tbh.. 🤔

£100 is way to salty for me... 😣

Edited by srad34
  • Like 1

Are there any small engineering workshops near you? It can't cost too much to have a phosphor-bronze bush made up if you give them the OD, ID and width. 

Actually, there are a few machinists on here. Maybe one of them could give you a price. 

Edited by jaycee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Evilchicken0 said:

Use tin foil around the peg 😀😉

EC's Mechanical solutions for hire.... 🤣

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...