Tuono trouble again , bastard won't start

Halvasso boy

Allways seem to be in trouble with Aprilia,s . 

Got the gearbox sorted after waiting two months for parts . Went out for celebration ride and all was right with the world . On my third ride out missed 6th gear and over reved , motor cut out straight away and urgent service flashed on dash . Went for a restart and motor not turning over , after leaving it for 10 mins. turned over slowly . When I went back to pick it up an hour later it turned over but would not start .

Back in the garage fault code on dash 08 oil pressure . Checked oil pump drive as I removed it to replace the gearbox cleared the code still no start and urgent service flashed on dash . Have removed plugs and rocker covers but everything looks ok . 

My Mrs said burn it . So my question is do I burn the fucking thing or no ?

A

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Halvasso boy said:

Allways seem to be in trouble with Aprilia,s . 

Got the gearbox sorted after waiting two months for parts . Went out for celebration ride and all was right with the world . On my third ride out missed 6th gear and over reved , motor cut out straight away and urgent service flashed on dash . Went for a restart and motor not turning over , after leaving it for 10 mins. turned over slowly . When I went back to pick it up an hour later it turned over but would not start .

Back in the garage fault code on dash 08 oil pressure . Checked oil pump drive as I removed it to replace the gearbox cleared the code still no start and urgent service flashed on dash . Have removed plugs and rocker covers but everything looks ok . 

My Mrs said burn it . So my question is do I burn the fucking thing or no ?

A

paging @wavey to the fukkered Aprilia phone - bring matches!

• Haha 2

V4 I assume. 

If so, do you have guzzi diag to plug in and get the fault codes? The program is free and the cables about £25.

When it turns over does it makes any unusual noises (baring in mind they sound broken even when working correctly) 

I have access to a nice deep canal if the matches don't do the job 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, wavey said:

V4 I assume. 

If so, do you have guzzi diag to plug in and get the fault codes? The program is free and the cables about £25.

When it turns over does it makes any unusual noises (baring in mind they sound broken even when working correctly) 

I have access to a nice deep canal if the matches don't do the job 

The forty foot near me preferred R1’s and RF600’s (right place for’em). 

Set fire to it and replace it with a new Tuono. 

• Haha 1

It's a 2011 v4r aprc . Immobilizer light is flashing . Just don't know why an over reved would cause this or was that just a coincidence . 

Once it's on fire I'm pushing it into a mine shaft and filling it in .

Maybe it could just roll off it's side stand into a handy ravine, Insurance company should pay out for that one, I think that they're getting suspicious of self igniting Italian bikes.

Unless it happens to be next to an MV and gets caught in the conflagration. 'They all do that Sir'.

On a more practical note, I'd be worried about the over rev and then following symptoms. The ECU might be having a hissy fit, but should have remained consistent from the moment it happened. I'd be running a compression tester over it. :(

Shouldn't over rev missing a gear. That's what the rev limiteris there for.

Change the oil and filters.......

.... It is in no way going to fix the bike but it will distract you and make you feel all special like a someone panning for precious metals with a sieve 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, srad34 said:

.... It is in no way going to fix the bike but it will distract you and make you feel all special like a someone panning for precious metals with a sieve 😉

You've owned many Aprilia's by the sound of it then!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, srad34 said:

:lol: Best laugh I’d had in ages 

On 9/6/2020 at 6:13 PM, Superdunc said:

Shouldn't over rev missing a gear. That's what the rev limiteris there for.

If it pops down to a lower gear, limiter will not always catch it...

2 minutes ago, Mark/Foggy said:

If it pops down to a lower gear, limiter will not always catch it...

How does it pop to a lower gear when attempting to change up.

Road shift/race shift brainfart.

I did it on my old Mille while leaned over and accelerating through that big long sweeping right-hander at Cartagena.

I nearly highsided myself into the Mediterranean but just caught it on the clutch before the point of no return. A real brown trouser moment, that one. :icon_pale:

Edited by Damnthistinleg

4 minutes ago, Damnthistinleg said:

Road shift/race shift brainfart.

Indeed, but that's not what is being described here.  

If the OP has gone 4th instead of 6th at full chat, well, it's time for valves pistons and big ends.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:28 PM, Halvasso boy said:

Going to download guzzidiag to see if it has any answers .

Take the fuse out of the headlight array(located under the seat) unless you've got the battery on a trickle charger. 

Whats its saying?

From this point on it shall be know as the bastard . Well it's fixed . 

Ordered a fly lead off that their eBay , plugged in an old scan tool from work , cleared fault codes . Hey presto the bastard starts . Got a little over excited and forgot to note down fault codes.

Why do I keep punching myself in the head . Because it's great when you stop .

• Like 1