Exhaust Expanders

Mark/Foggy

Ok, need to pop a collector to mid pipe open about 0.5 to 1mm. Is stainless.

So am I wasting my time reaching fr an expander off of ebay. What sort of luck am I going to get and should i be aiming to get it Reall fackin hot??

This is one of those times where I may need a grown up to make me a custom link pipe, but I may be able to get what I have working.

Don’t bother with those eBay hobbies, especially for stainless.

Try a tapered piece and ram it in hard! (Turn a former and press it in to expand)

or cut and reweld in a taper.

5mT72UB.jpg

Is that like the China eBay type? Either way for what you want it should work, just change the bolt for a non chocolate based bolt, and if you heat it then obviously the o-rings are disposable, just get it biting before you warm it up. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 3:42 PM, Bram43 said:

How is this thread not about butt plugs...

It is now.

On 8/24/2020 at 9:35 PM, Mark/Foggy said:

Ok, need to pop a collector to mid pipe open about 0.5 to 1mm. Is stainless.

So am I wasting my time reaching fr an expander off of ebay. What sort of luck am I going to get and should i be aiming to get it Reall fackin hot??

This is one of those times where I may need a grown up to make me a custom link pipe, but I may be able to get what I have working.

I believe i have one of those expanders in my tool box,i used it to open up a link pipe,i'll have a look tomorrow,if so you're welcome to try it.

That is very good of you kind sir. Much as my interest has been piqued by some of the suggestions on here, I might die of shame if it was lurking around forever. 

:P

What would be interesting is if it was an older well made tool, in which case I'll borrow it.

If it's a similar design to whats currently available on that there site for 15 squids, I may as well just buy a kit..

Also the current plan will probably involve a Hi-T bolt swap in and some windy gun action to concentrate the material to do as it's fuckin told.

This may end up with a damaged tool, so. you have been warned not to let it anywhere near my offending orifice.

:lol:

Edited by Mark/Foggy

The cheap ones can and will break even without said windy gun, but they can do the job.  Best to have two on hand (and extra o-rings just in case) and take a fairly incremental approach to it.

We are talking about butt plugs still, right?