blade engines 929, 959, 1000?

hawkati

disregarding bhp are there any opinions about the engine characteristics that would make the larger engines worth a bit more than the lesser ones? Just the engines since i'm contemplating something other than the whole bikes? Advice, ridicule & scorn  - all welcome! 

cheers y'all. It's all about the engine characteristics rather than the whole bike since my daft mind is considering bunging one in the cbr400 chassis I have. ..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hawkati said:

cheers y'all. It's all about the engine characteristics rather than the whole bike since my daft mind is considering bunging one in the cbr400 chassis I have. ..

I would put a 918 generation engine in (96-99). It's going to work with the 400 frame, allows you to liberate hammers to make it fit and has similar characteristics, linear power with a lot more beef in the middle.

And of could the Honda cammy whine!

• Like 2

Fit whichever is easiest to make work. All are far better than either stock or the 600 that you're pulling out. All will also be far better than the chassis, which'll shit itself.

• Like 1

Pm me if you have questions mate.. I own a 89 tri arm with 92 lump, rc45 forks and other bits of shit,, still got a twin arrow system ala sp1/rc45 replica to get thrown on, it's way too long and wide currently.. mate had 95 lump in a gull and my other mate had a fs 600 lump in which was the best tbh as it was lighter than the 400 engine and he had my old Maxton gullarm shock and billet calipers. I know gulls with other motors very well, though mine is gathering dust sadly,, there isn't a lot of room with blades mate, nevermind other issues, so happy to have a chat if you want more info quickly to figure out what direction (if any) you want to go in.. 

Wana  giggle? I didn't know Jack about mechanical stuff before bikes... Nothing.. Not even how engines worked etc.. First bike after over a year with a cg125 with no l plates,, was a 91 nc29 in the rare deep red/silver/black scheme  (same as the black /turquoise thing), stunning and mint low mileage. Owned it/LOVED it, for a couple of year, learnt a bit, read about hrc ram Air,, so trying to be clever, I put slinky hoover tubes through the side panel / took the ram air plasticbits  black inner pieces out, back up to headstock and through frame into the airbox, perfect fit..  No clue as to needing to do anything else, I finished it Xmas eve, so went out from parents place about 11am Xmas day as it wasnt bad, just wet,,,,,, got it up to about 50mph and the whole bike locked up, couldn't get clutch in and me and bike departed company on a manhole and I watched it slide and fall to bits for about 100 yards. Worst Xmas day ever... I was such a nieve stupid twat back then,, well still am, but just wouldn't go out on Xmas day now 😆

Oh yeah, for crazy, maybe fit 2008 mota,, ala pb blade,, that's probably gona be just about enough power....... 

Edited by firebeast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Fit whichever is easiest to make work. All are far better than either stock or the 600 that you're pulling out. All will also be far better than the chassis, which'll shit itself.

Didn't read the whole thread,, Doh,, if its got a f1 lump it's no better, but f3 sorted fully was good for 150 mph easy... . 

• Like 1