Screwdriver storage - how do you keep yours

ssray

In a drawer in my tool chest...... flat blades have handles handles to the left and philips/posi-drive have handle to the right so I know what screwdriver type i am looking for, small at the front going to larger at the back.

No I don't have OCD I just hate raking through a messy box for tools.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lobo said:

In a drawer in my tool chest...... flat blades have handles handles to the left and philips/posi-drive have handle to the right so I know what screwdriver type i am looking for, small at the front going to larger at the back.

Definitely OCD 🤣

42 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I do similar, sorted for size. The JIS drivers are at the the front, as they are used most. 

2 drawers in my cabinet, one for flat the other for cross head. I then have a little plastic container for the whackable shaft through the handle type ones, that lives on the shelves.

4 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

2 drawers in my cabinet, one for flat the other for cross head. 

Thats very opplent for 2 screwdrivers.

Do you have seperate drawers for each of your spanners too? :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Toneale said:

Thats very opplent for 2 screwdrivers.

Do you have seperate drawers for each of your spanners too? :)

Most of the spanners I have access to are on the internet.

• Haha 6

Just now, Damnthistinleg said:

:tacheemoticonwh7:

Stiff as you like, from base to tip, you can really go at a slot with some force.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Similar but I also have a set of allen head drivers too, screwdrivers at the back Allen's at the front blades into the middle 

38 minutes ago, Evilchicken0 said:

Similar but I also have a set of allen head drivers too, screwdrivers at the back Allen's at the front blades into the middle 

Hex and torx are in another drawer similarly laid out. Small to large are front to back and hex on the left and torx on the right.. 3/8” drive hex and torx also live in that drawer.

I don’t have OCD honest.........

• Like 1

In one tray in the toolbox.

Along with every other tool I need for the bikes.

• Haha 1

In the dedicated foam infill panels that fit perfectly in the dedicated drawer of my tool box.  I've stopped collecting an array of random screwdriver for badness, but I keep a few mongrels hanging around for the perpetration of heinous crimes. When they are not in the box, I know that they are missing and they should be on magnets fixed to the edges of my main work bench.

Well that was the plan anyway....but, as we know, good screw drivers are a close relative of 5mm Hex keys and 10mm spanners and have the ability to dematerialise and then rematerialise in hopelessly random points of the whole of your Tom Cat style roaming environment.

If in doubt of where a missing one might have gone to, I enter a Zen like Trance and seek for any new vibrations in the cosmos....like under the bonnet of the car or behind the washing machine.

:eusa_whistle:

In the process of duplicating tools. 

Exhibit A = that which I already have. All the essential tools are just bunged in a kriega bag. It goes where the car or van goes. Tip it out, all of it, grab the thing you require in seconds.

Exhibit B = tankbag tools. 1/4 inch ratchet & various sockets, about 5 spanners and a set of Allen keys. Goes with whatever bike I'm riding. 

Exhibit C = tool chest in the stable & chest of drawers. The wierd and heavy shit. Breaker bars, angle grinders, balljoint breakers, spare bulbs, cables, Allen bolts, blahdeblah. 

The intention is to get duplicates of all the essential stuff I have in the kriega bag and tankbag and have them in the tool chest as well because I'm lazy and can't be arsed to shift stuff back & forth etc. Meh.

2 hours ago, HOGG said:

ALL in order. I know which one is which

Respect.  Good not to have a jaundiced view.

31 minutes ago, pirks said:

Damn. I paid a hell of a lot more for mine but they came from Japan so the customs invoice told me.

Oh don't worry....I have almost no need for JIS screwdrivers as I'm quite unlikely to need to use them....The fasteners  would get replaced at the drop of a hat, but I still need them in my life, just in case.

Please be aware that the second round of this purchase will involve a dedicated set from Koken at eye watering expense. But, I now have some Beaters for defiling shitty japanese shit.

:eat:

That should set off the purists...

2 minutes ago, Tony Nitrous said:

Spot on ! 

I normally buy doubles of everything. 
1 set for my roll cabs, 1 set to take to work / chuck in the ute / take away on the bike or some other excuse.

In reality after several years all mine still sit side by side in the shed.

.... but... tools .... more tools .... happy hoarder. 

Yebbut....you're special,  really fucking speshel! You've got quadruple duplicates of the triple duplicates you've bought already, and I'm scared of what you're going to buy next!

17 minutes ago, hawkati said:

In the process of duplicating tools. 

Exhibit A = that which I already have. All the essential tools are just bunged in a kriega bag. It goes where the car or van goes. Tip it out, all of it, grab the thing you require in seconds.

Exhibit B = tankbag tools. 1/4 inch ratchet & various sockets, about 5 spanners and a set of Allen keys. Goes with whatever bike I'm riding. 

Exhibit C = tool chest in the stable & chest of drawers. The wierd and heavy shit. Breaker bars, angle grinders, balljoint breakers, spare bulbs, cables, Allen bolts, blahdeblah. 

The intention is to get duplicates of all the essential stuff I have in the kriega bag and tankbag and have them in the tool chest as well because I'm lazy and can't be arsed to shift stuff back & forth etc. Meh.

You need a serious talking to about Manenomics ....Nb no eco

Now, this is exactly like the Magic Circle, only if you Mrs finds out you will be dead and you won't be Magicing a patio over your Mrs.

but with the tools......Oh, it's possible.

The basic premise is that tools are easily trained, like beasts of the forest, they will be naturally attracted to your aura. 

But, like wild animals, they will try to seek out secret places where they can be alone.

This is fine, is just a natural progression....Always keep buying tools.

• Thanks 1