Sprint ST1050 suspension

Pinkbike1

So as mentioned in an earlier post today i went to see @Sideshow Pob  about upgrading the front suspension on the Sprint (the rear already has a Nitron track shock fitted) after a brief online search we came to the conclusion there isn't much out there apart from linear springs and new oil. Then fitting a different front end was mentioned now I've seen Hayabusa forks fitted but we thought that keeping it in the Triumph family would be better considering their modularity, So I'm on the look out for a complete front end from a Speed triple preferably from 2010 onwards. @Sideshow Pob did find one on e bay but i cant find it , do you still have the link Paul? This will probably be a long running post while said parts are located so bare with me .:thumbsup:

Don't know if this nugget of info will help, but Triumph seem to steal all their Headstock dimensions from Suzuki. Also If you look at the parts fiche for triumph the bearing sizes are usually quoted.  Maybe switch in a GSXR front end will open up more options.

USD obviously.

Edited by Mark/Foggy
  • Thanks 1

I think Andreani do a fully adjustable cartridge kit for one of these which may be a better bet than a swap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

In breaking news the cartridges have arrived at @Sideshow Pob towers, however  due to workload  Paul is unable to fit them until the end of the month! Fear not viewers a full report will be given once the act is perpertrated !

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mark/Foggy said:

Can I have dims on absolutely everything please, I may be tempted to try to shove them in 955 forks,.

Or rather, know that they might be an option.

;)

I would message Paul directly mate , the cartridges are sat on his bench . I will say they look too good to be hidden away 

Edited by Pinkbike1
cannot bloody spell!

• 1 month later...

Saturday 03.10.2020  Collect bike from Black and White bikes

So after I'd read the bus timetable correctly I arrived at @Sideshow Pob towers slightly excited and optimistic about the weather, it wasn't raining ....yet!

After a quick chat with Paul and Lynne we proceeded to set up the suspension , well actually Paul did, I just held the bike steady when asked too! 

So preload on the front was duly set, rebound and comp damping too, we attempted to set the rear but my tool got bent! ( this will be done over winter when Paul services the shock)

So how do these cartridges feel?  Unfortunately as I was getting ready to leave it, rained, hard :angry: so it was a short ride home in rain Noah would have been proud of! 

But fear not intrepid viewer my all to brief ride revealed a vastly more composed front end , there's a number of manhole covers as you come into Horncastle so I deliberately over them , normally resulting in a crash from the front but not this time , absorbed nicely .

so unfortunately a proper ride couldn't take place due to the weather however after the rear shock gets serviced we'll give it another go.

So are the cartridges worth the money?  Yes plus they've got blingy gold caps :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1