SRAD Slipper clutch

Gix

Pretty sure I saw a post on here about fitting a later GSXR slipper into an SRAD, but I cannot find it.

Anybody have any info or insights into what model is required and what is involved.

Google is sending me  round in circles

Bike is a 99 Fi 750

1 hour ago, TLRS said:

This of any use?

Cheers for that.

I had found a thread about someone fitting a standard back torque limiter from a tlr into an SRAD but I am not after a BTL.

In that same thread, it was mentioned that fitting the Standard Suzuki K7 slipper was possible but there was a fair bit of machining.

Pretty sure I saw something on here about a K4 1000 slipper being a relatively simple swap (does the K4 have a slipper as standard ?)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gix said:

Cheers for that.

I had found a thread about someone fitting a standard back torque limiter from a tlr into an SRAD but I am not after a BTL.

In that same thread, it was mentioned that fitting the Standard Suzuki K7 slipper was possible but there was a fair bit of machining.

Pretty sure I saw something on here about a K4 1000 slipper being a relatively simple swap (does the K4 have a slipper as standard ?)

Probably @involute and his XR69, thread in your bikes and projects section.

Edited by Thunderbolt
Moar infuu
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Gix said:

Cheers for that.

Don’t think the k4 1000 had a slipper clutch, and I believe it’s the same unit as the srad. - I seem to remember my stm fits k3/4 1000’s as well...

• Thanks 1

I dont know about Strad clutch, in the end we used K8 slipper clutch but we made our own billet basket and utilised the 1200 Bandit primary, we also modified the clutch cover allowing us to adjust the slipper more easily.

ill post some pics in the XR thread

just checked I already put some pics in the XR thread

Edited by involute
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 2:16 PM, Gix said:

Cheers for that.

K3/4 1000 did not have a slipper as standard - it came in with the k5 AFAIK