Paddock stand storage

Rompy McPoot

Where do you put your paddock stands when you're not using them? I'm sick of mine getting under my feet. I've go a breeze block built garage with rafters. Nail in the wall? Hang 'em from the rafters? I'd rather they didn't fall on my head, or even worse, the bikes.

Thank you!!!!!

Sensible answer - In the garage i've got hooks fixed to the garage trusses specifically for paddock stands. In the trailer I have velcro straps with metal loops, which I fix to the stands, then hook onto brackets on the side of the trailer. A bit of rubber and velcro glued to the trailer wall stops them banging and moving in transport.

36 minutes ago, Timbo S2 said:

Sensible answer - In the garage i've got hooks fixed to the garage trusses specifically for paddock stands. In the trailer I have velcro straps with metal loops, which I fix to the stands, then hook onto brackets on the side of the trailer. A bit of rubber and velcro glued to the trailer wall stops them banging and moving in transport.

What kind of hooks are you using? Screw in jobbies? I'm guessing you don't hang them above the bikes?

1 minute ago, Rompy McPoot said:

What kind of hooks are you using? Screw in jobbies? I'm guessing you don't hang them above the bikes?

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fixman-977982-Wall-Mounted-Double-Storage/dp/B01M6ZRZLX/ref=asc_df_B01M6ZRZLX/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=207961523712&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9372268013229180200&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006676&hvtargid=pla-420561285260&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

No, they don;t hang over the bikes. Pushbikes do however...

• Thanks 1

I store mine partially under my bench. Poke the holdy-up part under the bench parallel to the floor so the handle part is vertical. They stick out an inch or so but never tripped over them yet....... you know what's going to happen when i go home today don't you ?

They don't even get in the way that much when working at the bench.

8 hours ago, Rompy McPoot said:

Where do you put your paddock stands when you're not using them? I'm sick of mine getting under my feet. I've go a breeze block built garage with rafters. Nail in the wall? Hang 'em from the rafters? I'd rather they didn't fall on my head, or even worse, the bikes.

Thank you!!!!!

I’ve created a rip in the time space continuum handy for paddock stands and geeehovis’s witneseseseseses 

1 hour ago, fastfreddybikes said:

I’ve created a rip in the time space continuum handy for paddock stands and geeehovis’s witneseseseseses 

Careful with that, one day you will open your lock-up and find it completely full of odd socks, 10mm sockets and 5mm hex keys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Attach helium balloons to them so they float up to the ceiling. When you need them, shoot the balloons one at a time with an airgun until you achieve the desired rate of descent. Don't let them float out of the doors as they would then present a hazard to passing aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If you get the right number of pellets in them, they will float down and then the added weight will lift the bike into a stable position. 

:thumbsup:

Is so much better than worrying if you can get a nail in well enough to support a stand.

Another option is to turn them upside down and hang them over the seat of the bike.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaycee said:

I used to park my bike/bikes on them. 

Ahhhh, them were the days... 😕

Hang them on the wall. 

I've got a very small garage so maximise the floor space by getting all my stands and as much stuff as possible up and onto the walls.

@Rompy McPoot some pics here 

Edited by MonkeyJim

1 hour ago, Tony Nitrous said:

I recently realised mine don’t fit my Kwak so now I get to buy a couple more...

767-EB90-F-7-C38-45-C6-95-E1-E432378-F4-

More bikes and stands needed. 

• Like 1