Gunge

Elohesra

Tinkering with the SRAD,  this thing has been in the shed since 2008. First job get the tank drained - yes, I know I should have done that in 2008.....

Oh dear, this came out....

IMG_1128

Followed by what used to be a fuel pump....I may be some time with this....

IMG_1125

• Sad 2

YUK.jpg.9c7ace617c11bb1d9a0b1d81945cbdad.jpgOnly two like this.

Edited by DougW

6 hours ago, DougW said:

YUK.jpg.9c7ace617c11bb1d9a0b1d81945cbdad.jpgOnly two like this.

Did you manage to salvage them? Ultrasonic cleaning?

I do have another set of carbs for the SRAD if needed, but the ones on the bike were set up with much dyno time by a fuelling genius and the bike always ran beautifully. So I'd like to clean them if possible.

3 hours ago, Elohesra said:

I do have another set of carbs for the SRAD if needed, but the ones on the bike were set up with much dyno time by a fuelling genius and the bike always ran beautifully. So I'd like to clean them if possible.

Yes. Cheap maplin ultrasonic cleaner, lot of cycles, carb cleaner and patience. Tried the expensive ultrasonic cleaning detergent stuff, but washing up liquid seemed just as effective.

LC ran , briefly, before bursting rad and pissing water everywhere when head gasket failed. Found head studs all loose.

I’ll post an after pic tomorrow.

On 6/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, Elohesra said:

carbmidclean.jpg.6e55a558a08aca303fe1ee3c5f868dca.jpgNearly clean. Some more carb cleaner and ultrasonic after this. Replaced the float needle and pilots after this.

Had a lot of trouble with pilots in the mx bikes, despite cleaning several times low rpm problems cured by fitting new same size pilot. Obviously not cleaning well enough , but modern fuel residue in pilots seems resistant to everything I have tried so far.

• Like 1