Tuono v4aprc 4th gear misfire

Halvasso boy

Hi I'm a new member . My first post so please bare with me.

I live in Cornwall and have been riding for over 30 years. I've had many bikes big and small in my time . I'm now on my third Aprilia . 

About 4 months ago I brought a tuono v4aprc 2011 . Great bike initially but after a few rides started to have a little misfire. Now it's become almost unrideable in 4th gear , which is the only gear it misfires in all other gear it's fine . The misfire is an ignition cut and is worse the more throttle you give it .

I'm a car mechanic by trade so know my way around spanner's . I've recalibrated it several times . Also measured the air gap on the sensors and found the front one to be 2.5mm . I've now adjusted it to 0.4mm by putting washers behind the tone ring . I also noticed the tone ring was bent and have now straightened it . The rear gap was fine at about 0.8mm .

Any help would be much appreciated . 

Hi.

welcome

Bikes fucked mate, I'll give you £50 for it.   

Somebody that actually knows what they're talking about will be along shortly to help out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hellloooo there. 

I cant be of any help with the problem (I would trawl the Tuono V4 section at the AF1 forum, undoubtably you can find the answer there).

BUT, if you havent got it yet, get yourself a 30 quid diagnostic cable from Lonelec, and download the free software that lets you read/write any of the official Aprilia maps, lets you accessany fault codes and setup the bike. 

Best money I ever spent on it.

This is especially true if you have a non standard zorst on it 

• Like 2

Cornwall...Sorry mate, you’re fucked :lol:

Yes, call Griff!

I know nothing, but I’ll hazard a stab at your quickshifter being a problem. Mine did that for one day and I took it in and we swapped out the quickshifter and hey presto. No more randomness. Might not be your specific problem because it’s Italian and more random then the fucking horse I’m hauling right now. 
I hope you can get it fixed, I’d certainly have a look in the Aprilia Performance forum. Lots of good help there from mostly decent people.

Lovely bikes. Really lovely. So lovely in fact that you should just write that one off in the morning and then go and buy the 1100 first thing on Monday. 

• Haha 2

Bram isnt joking and does take his own advice. 

He'll have highsided that horse coming out of a slow lefthander by the am and he'll be making his own bostik by lunchtime.

• Haha 5

Just been out moving the mud away from the electric fence that the pigs put there to escape , the bastards . Was thinking about the quick shifter (don't know why the pigs don't need it) . Thanks for the help , have also posted on af1 .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Halvasso boy said:

Just been out moving the mud away from the electric fence that the pigs put there to escape , the bastards . Was thinking about the quick shifter (don't know why the pigs don't need it) . Thanks for the help , have also posted on af1 .

Let us know how it goes.

3 hours ago, theo said:

Bram isnt joking and does take his own advice. 

He'll have highsided that horse coming out of a slow lefthander by the am and he'll be making his own bostik by lunchtime.

And you have just named the new horse. 

Pritt.
After Pritt Stick. 

Edited by Bram43
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Don't talk to me about horses , can't burn the 20s  fast enough . Keep trying to grow barn finds they seem to be the real money makers . Anybody got any old rust to start me off . 

Going to disconnect quick shifter tonight and ride to work tomorrow, will let you know  . Fingers crossed .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Halvasso boy said:

Don't talk to me about horses , can't burn the 20s  fast enough . Keep trying to grow barn finds they seem to be the real money makers . Anybody got any old rust to start me off . 

Going to disconnect quick shifter tonight and ride to work tomorrow, will let you know  . Fingers crossed .

I don’t know about your year model that much, but look to see if you can turn off the q/s at the dash. 

Just now, Bram43 said:

Set fire to it, before it sets fire to you. 

Then buy another Aprilia, then another, then another, then another, then a few more just to make sure. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Then buy another Aprilia, then another, then another, then another, then a few more just to make sure. 

Don’t listen to him ^^ Aprilia’s are awesome. Get an 1100 Tuono or even better, get and 1100 RSV4 Factory. 

• Like 1

What an idiot I am . Mate at work rode the bike and said gearbox , so did my Mrs and she knows nothing about bikes but is always bloody right . Stripped gearbox and found 4th gear and selector fork worn.

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to say gearbox, you beat me to it. There goes my moment of glory 😢