GP shift on MT09

riversbikes

Debating chopping in my 10 year old street triple R for a 2020 MT09.  Dealers are struggling to make ends meet, so it's my duty as a consumer to help them out (wife argument #1).  Anyway, all of my bikes since I've gone racing are GP shift.  From what I can tell by pics, I could do the same thing with the MT09 by flipping the shift actuator rod -- however, could this muck with the accessory quickshifter, if I do decide to get it?  Aftermarket QS are configured as "push" or "pull" depending on the rearset configuration... still not 100% sure I'd bother anyway, if I did get the bike.

If you were to opt for a Woolich Race Tools option then the QS and the blipper can be set up either way.

Also, I’ve fitted a Healtech QS to a MT10 in a race set up. I left the OEM sensor on the bike (hidden away) to prevent any fault codes.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:21 PM, riversbikes said:

Debating chopping in my 10 year old street triple R for a 2020 MT09.  Dealers are struggling to make ends meet, so it's my duty as a consumer to help them out (wife argument #1).  Anyway, all of my bikes since I've gone racing are GP shift.  From what I can tell by pics, I could do the same thing with the MT09 by flipping the shift actuator rod -- however, could this muck with the accessory quickshifter, if I do decide to get it?  Aftermarket QS are configured as "push" or "pull" depending on the rearset configuration... still not 100% sure I'd bother anyway, if I did get the bike.

Not sure if it’s the same but on my 19 R1 there is already a hole drilled in the gear lever the other side of the pivot point. All I needed to do was tap the hole and move the shift rod. Moved the top around the splined shaft to maintain the right angle and all done. 10 minute job and no issues with the QS

CdAsWqC.jpg

A being the original hole

B the pre drilled hole 

Edited by JonnyGixxer

2 minutes ago, JonnyGixxer said:

there is already a hole drilled in the gear lever the other side of the pivot point.

Only other bike I've seen that 'as standard' on was a R7. It's a bloody great idea. More bikes should have it. I think you could get them from Harris back in the day for their rearsets. 

2 minutes ago, trackdaybob said:

Only other bike I've seen that 'as standard' on was a R7. It's a bloody great idea. More bikes should have it. I think you could get them from Harris back in the day for their rearsets. 

Yeah it’s a neat idea.. if I’m really picky, which I am, they could have bloody tapped it as well!! 😂

• Haha 1