Name that reed block

johnnymack63

Reed block on the left is RGV250, reed block on the right......is not.

Need a reed block to replace the imposter, and also to sell the imposter.

But what is it from ?

318B6DCC-DCE9-49A4-8F04-50D5547E41F9.jpeg

AE0924DF-CE65-401C-819D-7D8CC88828D9.jpeg

3E02F0CC-2BA0-44A4-B342-F2599F4D2557.jpeg

I’ll bet you a packet of Monster Munch that it’s off a early 90’s CR125. 

14 minutes ago, Bram43 said:

I’ll bet you a packet of Monster Munch that it’s off a early 90’s CR125. 

Don’t think it is. Can’t find a reed block with 4 screws holding the sides on for any vintage CR125.

Its bigger than the RGV reed block block so my crude logic wonders if it’s for a 250 single?

• Thanks 1

I'm not 100% sure but I think my old mid 80's Husky CR250 twin shock had a reed block like that. It was a very long time ago!!

32 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

Don’t think it is. Can’t find a reed block with 4 screws holding the sides on for any vintage CR125.

Its bigger than the RGV reed block block so my crude logic wonders if it’s for a 250 single?

I wasn’t too sure and I just passed it onto to a mate who think it looks like it could be an old cr250, but not oem. He was wondering the size too. 

• Like 1

I've thought about this a bit more: I wonder if they're TZR250 2XT. I know they're eight-petal. Buggered if I can find a picture of one though, they're so rare. Perhaps one @Tom Mac might know?

Edited by PBChris
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, PBChris said:

I've thought about this a bit more: I wonder if they're TZR250 2XT. I know they're eight-petal. Buggered if I can find a picture of one though, they're so rare. Perhaps one @Tom Mac might know?

Ooh, good shout! Is it worth spending £4 (or mithering the shit out of the seller to measure it ( :tacheemoticonwh7: )  for you*) to find out?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-TZR-250-2MA-1KT-2XT-2XW-TDR-1986-1992-Reed-Valve-Gasket/362768413530?hash=item5476aeb35a:g:hVQAAOSweB9dj2s1

* all right bud m8 pal ive got a ninja n wanderd if this gixah bit mite fit m8 m8 pal bud lol m8

Edited by Kayla
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Ooh, good shout! Is it worth spending £4 (or mithering the shit out of the seller to measure it ( :tacheemoticonwh7: )  for you*) to find out?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-TZR-250-2MA-1KT-2XT-2XW-TDR-1986-1992-Reed-Valve-Gasket/362768413530?hash=item5476aeb35a:g:hVQAAOSweB9dj2s1

* all right bud m8 pal ive got a ninja n wanderd if this gixah bit mite fit m8 m8 pal bud lol m8

Someone on our Facebook page found a set on a Japanese auction site: I was right, 2XT.

***goes off to make nasally noises of smugness***

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PBChris said:

If you want absolute confirmation i can dig out my box of 2xt spares and measure a reedblock for you. 

9 hours ago, Tom Mac said:

If you want absolute confirmation i can dig out my box of 2xt spares and measure a reedblock for you. 

D'ya want another one for your collection ?