respraying a plastic tank

simon young

I've got a 1050 speed triple with a plastic tank I want to spray is there any thing I need to be careful of when rubbing it down 

cheers 

Honest answer? I’d pay a professional. It’s the biggest and most visible bit of bodywork and a home brew job is never going to look good in the sunlight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cheers David yes I agree with you but this is just a winter bike i bought which has nasty tribal graphics on so not much bothered about the look of it just wondering if there's a coating on it i need to be careful of 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simon young said:

I've got a 1050 speed triple with a plastic tank I want to spray is there any thing I need to be careful of when rubbing it down 

cheers 

Stop when you smell petrol :confused:

Firstly, is it a professional job on there ... if not that good try washing some petrol on it, if its a rattlecan job the lacquer will start to come off, you might be able to take the paint off rather than sanding. Finish with 2K lacquer and wear a proper mask

yes evil the paint and the graphics are from the factory i suppose I will just take the lacquer off and graphics and go from there 

cheers