PB track day. Looong time ago.

Frey Bentos

jaysus - ancient history. 

Think that was the third one i went to - september 2009? i'd only got together with hannah a couple of months earlier and so she went from never having sat on a bike to being pillion for 245 miles to anglesey! She got the mito not long after...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hawkati said:

Think that was the third one i went to - september 2009? i'd only got together with hannah a couple of months earlier and so she went from never having sat on a bike to being pillion for 245 miles to anglesey! She got the mito not long after...

Spotted you and @blow_away - Same leathers, helmet and visor ?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dannn said:

Spotted you and @blow_away - Same leathers, helmet and visor ?

ah - different leathers, different lid. Old ducati two piece which i wrecked at rockingham, ditto lid. Still use orange visors though - better & happier vision thing! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannn said:

@hawkati - Love the trade mark orange visor 👍👍

I honestly don't know why more people use them - increases the contrast between light & shade so on cloudy dull or rainy days everything is much much sharper. I've found my eyes focus much much clearer on the red shift of the spectrum so the usual grey/dark blue visor is just absolutely shite to the point of dangerous for me. 

...and i cheer up instantly when i pop the visor down.*

*so does everyone else!**

**inevitable @lorenzo joke...

• Haha 1

Cool videos Milky. Greg looks like a superstar 🤓

I tried the yellow visor for cloudy dull conditions, but found it flattened all the contours too much, kept headbutting the screen.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hawkati said:

I honestly don't know why more people use them - increases the contrast between light & shade so on cloudy dull or rainy days everything is much much sharper. I've found my eyes focus much much clearer on the red shift of the spectrum so the usual grey/dark blue visor is just absolutely shite to the point of dangerous for me. 

...and i cheer up instantly when i pop the visor down.*

*so does everyone else!**

**inevitable @lorenzo joke...

I used to used them quite a lot when club racing..sharpens everything up..

alsoused to use yellow lenses when mx racing in shit conditions..everything looked sunny and sharp as fuck until you took your goggles off

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 10:21 AM, hawkati said:

Brave woman ..you prolly had bold tyres on or one wrapped around you waist....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, levo said:

Brave woman ..you prolly had bold tyres on or one wrapped around you waist....

She once witnessed me with three - came home having collected some from the post depot. I could barely reach the bars!😛

On 5/8/2020 at 10:21 AM, hawkati said:

Nah, I reckon you're miles out, grandad.  The Anglesey forum TDs took place in May.  The top (9-min) video above was taken in May 2010, while the 3-minute one below it was from May 2009 *doffs cap*

Edited by Mr.Incredible
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr.Incredible said:

Nah, I reckon you're miles out, grandad.  The Anglesey forum TDs took place in May.  The top (9-min) video above was taken in May 2010, while the 3-minute one below it was from May 2009 *doffs cap*

Absolutely right - unthinkingly wrote different month due to misreading it on you tube. First time me & hannah went we stayed in tent. Hannah really wasn't happy with that - a form of agoraphobia. Second time we stayed in the back of foo & debs van,  third time in b&b up the road and encountered the bovine stare of death whilst walking back from the circuit on the first night!

On 5/12/2020 at 3:45 PM, Brad6R said:

That was the shit year for me where I spent the whole time limping around with arm in plaster 😅 

i remember us chatting with you about how you'd marmalised yourself, and i do hope you're much better now!

On 5/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, hawkati said:

i remember us chatting with you about how you'd marmalised yourself, and i do hope you're much better now!

Well I’m certainly doing better then I was that day! 

cant believe you still have the same Ducati going! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brad6R said:

Well I’m certainly doing better then I was that day! 

cant believe you still have the same Ducati going! 

Damn glad to hear you're betterer. 

It's a Ducati of two halves. I bought it in 2006 and had to sell it in 2011 due to failing to sell my flat and money simply running out. Hannah got very upset about that and insisted that I got another so the very day I sold my flat in 2012, the moment the money landed in my account we drove to derby and bought another- same thing, 996 bipisto just more carbon bits.

That's been generally abused and cared for in equal measure (some may differ, they don't know how much of the good stuff I do for this bike!) - touring, commuting and trackdays.

Still got it, top end rebuild 500 miles ago and I'm in the process of tarting it up to sell since I want an 1198. 

Catch you at another trackday I hope?

On 5/18/2020 at 7:19 PM, hawkati said:

Damn glad to hear you're betterer. 

It's a Ducati of two halves. I bought it in 2006 and had to sell it in 2011 due to failing to sell my flat and money simply running out. Hannah got very upset about that and insisted that I got another so the very day I sold my flat in 2012, the moment the money landed in my account we drove to derby and bought another- same thing, 996 bipisto just more carbon bits.

That's been generally abused and cared for in equal measure (some may differ, they don't know how much of the good stuff I do for this bike!) - touring, commuting and trackdays.

Still got it, top end rebuild 500 miles ago and I'm in the process of tarting it up to sell since I want an 1198. 

Catch you at another trackday I hope?

Fingers crossed my man. Got a few other things taking priority. But if I can squeeze a TD in that would be cool 

18 hours ago, Brad6R said:

Fingers crossed my man. Got a few other things taking priority. But if I can squeeze a TD in that would be cool 

Nicely. The dates you are looking for are 16/17/18th August at cadwell and 26/27th sept at Anglesey.....do it!

3 hours ago, levo said:

Also ..didnt realise how much of a funny guy i am ...!

Wotcha Danny, hope you're well treacle :thumbsup: