Pretending I'm 17 again..

hickson

Afternoon chaps,

Since the lock down I have had a bit of time to drag out an Aprilia rs 125 i bought last year. 

It was new in 2000, had one owner who seized the engine in 2002 and left it in a damp garage until around a year ago so you can imagine how bad the condition was. 

I have rebuilt everything from forks, chassis and the engine down to master cylinders, brakes etc and added some nice little upgrades along the way. 

I managed to get hold of a fairly expensive 34mm dellorto flat side carb for a good price, got it all running nicely but noticed it was rich at tick over to the point leaning out the air screw and needle positions had no effect. I have gone to replace the pilot jet with a leaner one and the thing is rounded off inside... balls! 

20200427_193342_zps37cf7ew6.jpg

Its 4mm wide with the calipers, what you guys reckon is it buggerd? 

I'd be tempted by the above appropriate drill bit method and an easy out of some description, only brass so should be fairly easy. 

Regarding your richness though, I had W plated rs125 when I was a yoof and I remember the rubber airbox snorkel thing having 1 or 2 of its paths blocked off, I assume to get it to L plate power. Might be worth a look if you haven't already. 

The jet is brass, so it is probably stuck due to corrosion.

Strip as much of the rest of the carb as you can the stick it in a ultrasonic tank.

Next heat cycle it repeatedly. 

Freezer

Oven

Then try and get the bugger out.