In tank fuel pump help needed

Toneale

Hi all,

I am in the process of amending a tank to use as a mold for a carbon one to go on my carbed Fireblade.

One of the things I might do in the future is convert the bike from flatsides to EFI.

In order to be prepared I am looking for a suitable in tank fuel pump to use in the mock up tank. That way when I get around to converting the bike to EFI it should just be a case of bolting the required fuel pump into the tank.

So any recommendations for a fuel pump to use? Do I really need an in tank fuel pump or would an external one do the job just as well?

Ideally I would like to use one from a current production bike so spares/replacements would be available.

Ta muchly :thumbsup:

If you re looking for an in-tank pump then I would suggest buying  say a V2 RSV/Tuono one as they mount on a nice square flange (fnaar) plate which should be relatively easy to incorporate.

Shouldn't be too spendy to pick one up second hand either (compared to a Duck equivalent)

• Like 1

Is there a flat area big enough to create a sump?  I assume on a carb'd bike the lowest point is on the sides near the fuel tap??  I'm right now machining a GSXR fuel pump mounting flange for a hand made ally tank.  Its 125mm dia.  I have the standard tank here and it has a sump very vaguely 180mm square by 40mm deep.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yamonda said:

How about an out of tank Facet fuel pump, around £50-70 quid and they're a reputable company that have been around for yonks. 

Low pressure pumps. No good for fuel injection.

14 hours ago, 4tgp said:

Is there a flat area big enough to create a sump?  I assume on a carb'd bike the lowest point is on the sides near the fuel tap??  I'm right now machining a GSXR fuel pump mounting flange for a hand made ally tank.  Its 125mm dia.  I have the standard tank here and it has a sump very vaguely 180mm square by 40mm deep.

Capture.JPG

The fuel tank is from a 92 fireblade and will have a deep sump as i am going to increase the capacity and am doing away with the petcock and installing a low fuel level sensor. 

This is the tank, the extra capacity will be coming from an increase in the depth of the sump.

20200418_15092020200418_151707

I want to add one of these or similar for the low fuel level, 

Fuel_Level_Sender_Unterminated_1024x1024

and also plan to have a blanked off fuel return as well. Ideally I want the pump and fuel level sensor incorporate on an ali plate mounted on the bottom of the tank.

Edited by Toneale