CNC job request!

peter30

Skilled cnc folk, in the link there are some drawings and files for a couple of brake adapter plates. Could anyone with a bit of space in the diary for the job PM me with rough cost/feasibility of job please.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EtuRMuv-5uoWj4NMA-ouMpNa2cuGpTKo

5 hours ago, peter30 said:

Skilled cnc folk, in the link there are some drawings and files for a couple of brake adapter plates. Could anyone with a bit of space in the diary for the job PM me with rough cost/feasibility of job please.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EtuRMuv-5uoWj4NMA-ouMpNa2cuGpTKo

Oddly enough, I made a set of these for Couch a while ago so I've probably still got the programs. I can have a look and get back to you Monday? (Off til then.)

20181102_142318

Edited by Swarf
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, 4tgp said:

Douwe Egberts. Very posh......

Gotta be done. I can't even drink coffee but I have DE for visitors...

Anyway, CNC = witchcraft. One of these days I'd love to learn this kind of thing. Far betterer than doing my time with a pillar drill making z1100r footrest hangers lighter.*

*fucking ridiculous things. They weighed several moons and I skidded myself I could make them lighter. Nope, not really**

**gave up and put gpz550 footrest hangers on, saving 1kg either side and moved pegs up & back. Improved ground clearance? Well, until the alternator cover dug in.

I digress. CNC is all of the good.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hawkati said:

Anyway, CNC = witchcraft.

Most of the stuff I do these days is pretty simple, in my previous job I ran one of these...

That was a real head spinner of a machine.

• Like 3

I guess like most things, it gets a bit boring after a while.

I tend to change jobs every couple of years for a new challenge. I got bored within a few months using a 16 axis robot cutting out screens for rally cars. Cadcam has taken over, and that is basically colour by numbers, no particular skill involved. I prefer using the control to make stuff and finding ways to do things it shouldn't.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gixerboy1 said:

I guess like most things, it gets a bit boring after a while.

I tend to change jobs every couple of years for a new challenge. I got bored within a few months using a 16 axis robot cutting out screens for rally cars. Cadcam has taken over, and that is basically colour by numbers, no particular skill involved. I prefer using the control to make stuff and finding ways to do things it shouldn't.

That's what I enjoy about my current job, it's much more hands on. Although cad/cam is starting to creep in more and more unfortunately. 

• Like 1