Suspension guide for 05/06 ZX6R

Guest bikertiger

Guest bikertiger

I've never adjusted the suspension of a bike before and frankly have no idea what i'm doing

But - I fancy seeing if the odd turn here and tighten of a nut there will make a difference

And so, is there a PB set-up??

You were at Anglesey, Colin of 100% was your man, £48 quid gets you all day attention, ie base set up, then tweaking from your feedback for the rest of the day.

But all is not lost Tiger, you re in Manc? why not pop over to see Andy White at Kais, he'll set up a stock bike, may cost as little as 20 knicker.

Mark

If you don't fancy a run over to Kais then simply book another trackday and get the guy to sort it there. Like Sparx says, you'll get all day tweakery, and if you're going to notice changes somewhere, it'll be on track. Otherwise simply try and do some tests on what it's doing according to sparx* set-up guide at the top of the page. The biggest thing you'll notice is setting up the sag correctly.

*I seem to be plugging sparx suspension stuff a bit here, don't I?

Guest bikertiger
If you don't fancy a run over to Kais then simply book another trackday and get the guy to sort it there. Like Sparx says, you'll get all day tweakery, and if you're going to notice changes somewhere, it'll be on track. Otherwise simply try and do some tests on what it's doing according to sparx* set-up guide at the top of the page. The biggest thing you'll notice is setting up the sag correctly.

*I seem to be plugging sparx suspension stuff a bit here, don't I?

Yeah may take a stroll over to Kais

I was just wondering if the Mag had some guides to how they set-up the Ninja as tested in the magazine the other month

I'm sure there was something on .com??

Yeah may take a stroll over to Kais

I was just wondering if the Mag had some guides to how they set-up the Ninja as tested in the magazine the other month

I'm sure there was something on .com??

Kais is proberly the way forward mate , or like Lorenzo says, Colin will be at the next pb day out.

If you seek the light yourself, simple rule of thumb is

If it mis behaves before the apex, its springs, after, its damping. Another word of wisdom says, if the bike does 'it' as soon as the rider makes an input thats comp, if its a moment later, thats rebound.

Confused......................you will be, pay somebody and buy your sanity back ...............hehe.

or take a ride up to Devils, find me, pic in the show us the real you thread and I'll give it a tweak, not as good as Kais but I only charge a coffee and bacon roll :eusa_dance:

Sparx I read you rule of thumb ........... :) my fzr seems to wander in corners..........what could it be ? *

No adjustment :(

*or is it a case of getting some one else to take a spin on it to see if it's me being a twat.....................

Sparx I read you rule of thumb ........... :o my fzr seems to wander in corners..........what could it be ? *

No adjustment :shock:

*or is it a case of getting some one else to take a spin on it to see if it's me being a twat.....................

if it cant find an apex, its likely too little rear preload, if it wallows on fast sweepers thats usually too little rear rebound, if it runs wide on the power/exit its usually too little comp damping on the rear, but if you have no adjustment, its hard luck.

sorry mate. :thumbsup:

Joking apart, Kais/ k teck / maxton / 100% or even my good self can make something of the standard set up so long as it aint so worn out that the correct set up is out of the adjustment range.

PM me if you want , I ll do what I can.

best of luck

Mark

Archived