Torque Wrench Recommendations (please)

Novarally

I’m in the market for a torque wrench that can cover the range (approximately) 0-100 Nm. Lower end of the torque scale. 

I have already a 1/2” drive torque wrench which does 60 Nm and upwards. 

3/8” drive would be preferable, and digital too (as I’m a tart). 

What can people push me towards please?

Not digital but I just bought a new sealey black series 3/8 torque wrench off amazon, couldn't resist as was at 33 quid instead of 70. Its lovely and goes from 7nm to 112

5 minutes ago, tootall said:

Not digital but I just bought a new sealey black series 3/8 torque wrench off amazon, couldn't resist as was at 33 quid instead of 70. Its lovely and goes from 7nm to 112

This one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-AK623B-Micrometer-Torque-Calibrated/dp/B07JHR74YW/ref=mp_s_a_1_27?dchild=1&keywords=sealey+black+torque+wrench&qid=1586635918&sprefix=sealey+black+torque+wrench&sr=8-27

My large ones fubar so need to buy another and that looks good to me.

2 hours ago, simonb said:

Yep that one. Delivery wasn't very quick but it arrived yesterday and is lovely 

13 hours ago, trackdaybob said:

Norbar.

Or, 

Halfords pro actually pretty good too. Decent with trade card and lifetime guarantee. 

Norbar. 

I have 2 Norbar and 1 Teng 1/4 drive for very light stuff. Have a look on ebay 

^^^This^^^

My company has tried loads of different makes over the years,  as our torque wrenches are used every day and often in foul conditions. Cheap ones don't last long.

I do the compliance checks for all the patrols in my team. The Norbar torque wrenches don't break and never need adjusting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another vote for Norbar. Non-digital. Will last a lifetime.

Another vote for norbar, my dad has one for the lower range, lovely little thing. 

I have a proxxon for the 6-30Nm range, it's fine, but the norbar feels better quality. 

Many thanks to all for the suggestions/experiences.

I've ordered that £33 Sealey one, for the limited amount of use it will see I am sure that will be ideal.

Reality attacked - I don't need a digital one.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DesmoEddy said:

Another vote for Norbar. Non-digital. Will last a lifetime.

I bought my My 3/8" Norbar in around 1980 & it's still working fine, so i reckon it'll see me out.

Bought a Halfords pro 1/2" one a few years ago to keep it company which is well made & nice to use too.

Don't really see the need for digital.

1 minute ago, Pat said:

I bought my My 3/8" Norbar in around 1980 & it's still working fine, so i reckon it'll see me out.

Bought a Halfords pro 1/2" one a few years ago to keep it company which is well made & nice to use too.

Don't really see the need for digital.

I've had my Halfords Pro 1/2" for maybe 20 years, and it's still perfect.

• Like 1

I got one of these few months back to replace the no name one I'd inherited from my dad, it got broken being used as a breaker bar by a ham fisted workmate, it was part of his toolkit from when he worked at Talbot in the 70/80's

Used it couple of times so far, the Halfords equivalent was twice the price I think, not sure in tengs quality but looks good to me so far

https://www.screwfix.com/p/teng-tools-torque-wrench-1-2-x-18/22796

s-l640.jpg

When I worked in engineering, I had to do a stint with the QA team calibrating tools and instruments. When it came to torque wrenches, we would only let the workers use Norbar because they seldom needed anything come calibration time.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, noely02 said:

I got one of these few months back to replace the no name one I'd inherited from my dad, it got broken being used as a breaker bar by a ham fisted workmate, it was part of his toolkit from when he worked at Talbot in the 70/80's

Used it couple of times so far, the Halfords equivalent was twice the price I think, not sure in tengs quality but looks good to me so far

https://www.screwfix.com/p/teng-tools-torque-wrench-1-2-x-18/22796

s-l640.jpg

I have a Teng one (something like 40-200Nm), it was liberated from a car that was going to scrap when the wife was a forensic officer at a vehicle pound in Perivale. Was boxed and never been used. Been using it for ten years or so.