pressure washer deaded

RealityRSV

My Halfords hp125 pressure washer has been dying a slow death for the last couple years, but what started as a slow leak and occasional burst of motor activity is now a large leak, constant motor activity and loss of power, so I watched a couple YouTube vids and set to it..

The problem it was leaking from between the two halves of the pump as the seals are all perishing, and much searching of the internet is not helping find replacement kits.  I have some generic o rings that look like they'll work for the pistons but there is a larger gasket ring that seals the two halves of the pump together.  As it's a Halfords branded I expect it was made by some other company, but I can't figure that out either.

My first question then is, can I order in a length of round rubber cord (for example https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123392786084 )

.. to replace the large gasket ring, or is it likely to just blow through where the join is?

Secord question is whether it would even be worth fixing. 

Yes you can make the ring from cord. Cut the ends square with a scalpel & superglue together. 

Personally I would see it as an opportunity to upgrade.

Edited by coombehouse
  • Like 1

Thanks will try get it back running then.  An upgrade would be nice but I can't justify the outlay at the moment.  Plus fixing it is something to do.

As coombehouse says, you can make your own o-ring, to the extent that you can also buy o-ring kits which are essentially that; a length or rubber and some glue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

this might be beyond me now.  found one of the pistons in this state. 

fw7gQv8.jpg

12mm x 55mm piston.  havent found one yet.  i think i have found the oil seals on ebay though.