bignige

***waves***

Yes, me. 

Sand (well, aluminium oxide) and/or vapour blasting 

I can zinc plate them as well, or just blast if you gonna paint them

Edited by tootall
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, tootall said:

Only just read the title properly, I'm not set up for powder coating yet I'm afraid. 

‘Yet’ you say? Is it something you plan to be getting involved with? 

2 minutes ago, SWTH said:

‘Yet’ you say? Is it something you plan to be getting involved with? 

Possibly /probably. It wasn't in the plan but looks like I may need to get a small scale set up. Won't be getting involved in frames or anything that big though. 

17 minutes ago, bignige said:

Have you got any samples of your zinc plating? 

I'm not doubting your ability just curious what finishes you can offer? 

IMG_20200405_211338

I'll get some pics up tomorrow once I'm back in the workshop 👍

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, bignige said:

Have you got any samples of your zinc plating? 

I'm not doubting your ability just curious what finishes you can offer? 

IMG_20200405_211338

Old knackered water pipe off zxr. Heavily pitted so that still shows up 

IMG_20200406_092947IMG_20200406_150716IMG_20200406_150721

Some nuts n bolts for the tl 

IMG_20200406_151557IMG_20200406_151609

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bignige said:

Cheers, just reading abit of rhubarb on line

http://www.moss-metal-finishing.co.uk/finishes/zinc-plating/

Are any of your finishes more corrosion resistant than other? 

Cheers

I can do blue, yellow or olive green passivate, these do increase corrosion resistance, particularly the yellow /green. but I don't have a topcoat layer that I can apply. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mark/Foggy said:

Will the Aqua Cabinet take a full set of cases? I have a lump that I want immaculate. 

Easily. Won't take a frame with welded on subframe but will take a "normal" sports bike frame, so yes, easily take an engine 

21 hours ago, tootall said:

Easily. Won't take a frame with welded on subframe but will take a "normal" sports bike frame, so yes, easily take an engine 

What model of aqua blaster did you get, I’ve been looking at some from a company called blastwash in Northampton.

https://www.blast-wash.co.uk/prods/20869/high-quality-vapourwet-blaster-bw1500ab.html#ad-image-0

Edited by 426hemi

1 hour ago, 426hemi said:

What model of aqua blaster did you get, I’ve been looking at some from a company called blastwash in Northampton.

https://www.blast-wash.co.uk/prods/20869/high-quality-vapourwet-blaster-bw1500ab.html#ad-image-0

I went with a Vapourblast. I looked at and spoke to blastwash but tbh their pricing is far from transparent. There are an awful lot of "options" that you have to add on. Vapourblast were straight up and very straight forward to deal with. They only make one model/size of blaster which keeps their costs down and everything you need is included. I went to view and took some part's with me to try in their demo machine and left with a blaster in the van. 

1 hour ago, tootall said:

I went with a Vapourblast. I looked at and spoke to blastwash but tbh their pricing is far from transparent. There are an awful lot of "options" that you have to add on. Vapourblast were straight up and very straight forward to deal with. They only make one model/size of blaster which keeps their costs down and everything you need is included. I went to view and took some part's with me to try in their demo machine and left with a blaster in the van. 

I looked at the vixen machines but we had some of there rotary hot parts washers and I wasn’t impressed with the after service we got from them. Hope things have changed.

1 minute ago, 426hemi said:

I looked at the vixen machines but we had some of there rotary hot parts washers and I wasn’t impressed with the after service we got from them. Hope things have changed.

Also spoke with vixen but fuck me their spares are outrageously expensive 

5 minutes ago, tootall said:

Also spoke with vixen but fuck me their spares are outrageously expensive 

I see vapourblast are in Bidford On Avon, I used to go through there every couple of weeks to fetch things from the unipart site at honeybourne.

14 minutes ago, 426hemi said:

I see vapourblast are in Bidford On Avon, I used to go through there every couple of weeks to fetch things from the unipart site at honeybourne.

They are. Worth a call if you're interested.