Axial master cylinder

couchcommando

Looking for a bike that uses 2 twin piston calipers along with an axial master cylinder with an external reservoir. Want to change the master cylinder on the VFR which is the honda one with a built in metal reservoir. Has to be axial not radial. Guess I'm looking for an older jap master cylinder with a round plastic reservoir, any ideas ? Assuming 16mmx18mm ?

45 minutes ago, couchcommando said:

Looking for a bike that uses 2 twin piston calipers along with an axial master cylinder with an external reservoir. Want to change the master cylinder on the VFR which is the honda one with a built in metal reservoir. Has to be axial not radial. Guess I'm looking for an older jap master cylinder with a round plastic reservoir, any ideas ? Assuming 16mmx18mm ?

Bore size will be stamped on it - off the top of my head, something like a CBR400RR has similar sliding two-pot Nissins, but a remote reservoir m/c. It'll likely be a 14mm, 5/8 or possibly 1/2. All of which are pretty common across most Japanese manufacturers, shouldn't be any issue finding one.

BIt of digging looks like the VFR is 1/2”, an SV650 is 5/8” so would that give a nice improvement ? The discs are also up in size from standard 296 non floating to 310mm floating 

On 4/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, dansp1 said:

5/8 will just give you a soggy lever

Surely the opposite. Bigger master cylinder = less travel, firmer lever, harder to pull. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 6:06 PM, simonb said:

Not sure if this is any good to you,from a 97 Firestorm.

YtCU9Xw.jpg

1YXlkwv.jpg

Change of plan means this could be of use to me, how much ?

2 hours ago, couchcommando said:

Change of plan means this could be of use to me, how much ?

A tenner will do it to cover postage etc,if that's ok pm me your address and her indoors can take it to work with her on tuesday (she's a postie).

• Like 1