possible leaking tank? anyone used a sealer before?

addiction269

just took the tank off to clean the filters out and its wet and stripping the paint of the the bottom edge of the tank that hides beneath the fairing. its possibly a loose hose connection so am gonna tighten everything up,

but... in case.... has anyone used a tank sealer that they would recommend? and anything i should know about doing this cheers

I've used a product called petseal quite a few times-usually because of heavy corrosion(sometimes so bad its leaking)has always worked well-just allow a couple of days for it to properly set and do it in summer when its reasonably warm!

Just a quick edit to add that i chuck a chain or old nuts and bolts in the tank then shake it up to remove any loose parts first.

I've used a product called petseal quite a few times-usually because of heavy corrosion(sometimes so bad its leaking)has always worked well-just allow a couple of days for it to properly set and do it in summer when its reasonably warm!

Just a quick edit to add that i chuck a chain or old nuts and bolts in the tank then shake it up to remove any loose parts first.

+1 on this. Petseal has worked wonders for me in the past. Just prep right and don't rush it. I used bolts in the tank three or four times, and made darned sure I followed the instructions to the letter. Tank was rescued from the brink with no trouble at all. Smells nice too :(

My Dad used glass fibre resin (just the resin) to repair the ally tank on his old Bond 875. He always had plenty about for body work repairs to the car.

He mixed up enough to coat the complete inside of the tank, poured it inside then turned the tank until it coated it all over.

My Dad used glass fibre resin (just the resin) to repair the ally tank on his old Bond 875. He always had plenty about for body work repairs to the car.

He mixed up enough to coat the complete inside of the tank, poured it inside then turned the tank until it coated it all over.

That Bond is ace, is it the one with the hillman rear mounted engine and axle? I'd love a 3 wheeler at some point.

I'd love a 3 wheeler at some point.

Take one of them off your transit, it's the only way you'll fit in a 3 wheeler, you had enough trouble in my mazda.

That Bond is ace, is it the one with the hillman rear mounted engine and axle? I'd love a 3 wheeler at some point.

Yes, Hillman Imp. 875cc Coventry Climax, all aluminium, 450 slant engine and transaxle. Lowdown weight over the back two wheels makes it much more stable[1]. Even so, you still need to get all your braking done in a straight line and accelerate through the corner.

Also available as the Ranger Van 875ranger.JPG

[1] than the various Reliants, including the Bond Bug :icon_salut: , which was made by Reliant, rebranded as Bond after they bought the Bond company.

Archived