cbr1000rr slip on ackro can

superduker

Can any one advise me. I bought a brand new CBR1000RR 06/07 and had the dealer fit a titanium ackro conecter pipe and end can before I collected it. I now want to go the whole hog and fit power commander and full system but have been told that the 'can' I have cant be used as all ackro's systems come complete and will just have to junk what cost me over £400 and and use the one that comes as a full system. Surly they do headers and replacement Cat pipe that connects up to mine??

Can any one advise me. I bought a brand new CBR1000RR 06/07 and had the dealer fit a titanium ackro conecter pipe and end can before I collected it. I now want to go the whole hog and fit power commander and full system but have been told that the 'can' I have cant be used as all ackro's systems come complete and will just have to junk what cost me over £400 and and use the one that comes as a full system. Surly they do headers and replacement Cat pipe that connects up to mine??

Do what I did and just buy an alternative none Akrapovic system up to the link pipe. Check the diameter and compatibility against standard Honda system minus the cat. You'll find most will as your branching standard Honda parts and Akrapovic parts. It's a lot cheaper than buying the Akra full system and having to take the loss on selling your existing setup.

I had a long talk to a kind man at Performance Parts the Akrapovic importers and it all get's very confusing based on the year of bike you have, type of exhaust you have as to whether it's compatible with the full systems spring and none clip connection mechanism. If you do get stuck give them a call, they'll answer most techy problems instantly over the phone.

Do what I did and just buy an alternative none Akrapovic system up to the link pipe. Check the diameter and compatibility against standard Honda system minus the cat. You'll find most will as your branching standard Honda parts and Akrapovic parts. It's a lot cheaper than buying the Akra full system and having to take the loss on selling your existing setup.

I had a long talk to a kind man at Performance Parts the Akrapovic importers and it all get's very confusing based on the year of bike you have, type of exhaust you have as to whether it's compatible with the full systems spring and none clip connection mechanism. If you do get stuck give them a call, they'll answer most techy problems instantly over the phone.

+1 Performance Parts are dead helpful, and at least a few years ago you could buy parts seperately.

I will say my Akrapovic system is not compatable with the OE, don't know about yours.

The Akrapovic end-cans fitted an Arrow and Termignoni system, might be worth pricing equivalent items up.

Archived