LDD 2020

EXUPDEL

Hi everyone,

Hopefully not premature speculation.

Latest issue of the esteemed PS mag landed on the mat yesterday and a couple of article sre LDD 2020 including email address for expressions of interest. I am not on FB so wont see anything on there, Website not been updated since this years event and no response form the email address. I would really like to do next years event and worried I will miss out on being considered for a place (I know numbers are limited)

Can someone let me know what's happening and how to get involved.

• Like 4

heya - stick around here and you'll find out the grisly details soon enough. By the way, welcome, have a cuppa and a jaffacake whilst getting to know the place. Try not to feed the trolls eh?

go into new section in general, fight over hobnobs, pour scorn over everyone in the brexit thread and astound us all with lather skillz in the bikes and projects.

Oh, and definitely do LDD. It might fuck you up but it's worth it.

• Like 1

Thanks for getting back to me Hawk,

Will do

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hawkati said:

heya - stick around here and you'll find out the grisly details soon enough. By the way, welcome, have a cuppa and a jaffacake whilst getting to know the place. Try not to feed the trolls eh?

go into new section in general, fight over hobnobs, pour scorn over everyone in the brexit thread and astound us all with lather skillz in the bikes and projects.

Oh, and definitely do LDD. It might fuck you up but it's worth it.

Pm @johnnymack63through here. He's the man with the plan

• Like 2

Cheers guys,

Have messaged TKDMitch & Johnnymack. Have thrown my hat into the ring

@Thunderbolt December 22nd , Obvious now. cheers.

Have been reading the various LDD posts since I originally posted. makes me want to do it all the more.

• Like 3

Replys from Mitch and Johnny, Names on the list Cheers for the help chaps

iwils.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Monika is from when I had a Thunderace years ago, Too lazy to think of another.

Yeah bikes sorted. Got it with view to using for LDD 2020 if I got on but also as a winter bike for which it is giving exemplary service.

VFR#1_1.jpg

VFR#2_2.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers Blow Away,

It's more in the spirit of LDU rather than the strict budget.

I got the bike from a guy that had bought it as an in-complete RC30 conversion. It had original RC30 mirrors that the bloke wanted for his genuine bike, however the seller wouldn't split them so he had to buy the whole lot just to get the mirrors. It came to me with load of spare parts for the princely sum of £500. I have since sold a load of those parts for £600 with more to sell.

I had it completely stripped down apart from the engine from the frame. Everything has been cleaned and greased and re-fitted and torqued up to the manual spec. Its my 4th VFR so I have quite a collection of bits that I have acquired over the years so anything that was missing was replaced from my spares, hence half decent looking fairings. Forks rebuilt re-valved with Firestorm lowers and brakes, Rear shock serviced by Hagon. Brakes callipers stripped and cleaned. Master and slave cylinders fitted with new seals. Loom fitted. Seat acquired and re-upholstered. Carbs stripped and cleaned. Valve shims checked. Fresh fluids. After all that it started and no blue smoke.

MOT'd with no issues on the 24th of September and I have done over 2000 miles on it since then.

I don't have the space for a specific LDU bike, But a cheap as chips almost in budget winter bike that's been rebuilt from a bike that hadn't been MOT'd since January 2007 and is actually being used I hope will be accepted as in keeping with the ethos of LDU.

Either ways I love riding it. There is something very liberating about riding a bike that you don't have to be precious over.

• Like 4

Inflatable crocodile? if it either vibrates or improves the comfort of my bike I'll be sitting on it :-)

Whats the significance of the Croc?

Reg/rec re-wired to feed directly into the battery improves the reliability. Though now I have said that I will carry a spare for when it inevitably fails on LDU.

6 minutes ago, EXUPDEL said:

Inflatable crocodile? if it either vibrates or improves the comfort of my bike I'll be sitting on it :-)

Over budget bikes get to carry a "humourous" inflatable pillion

1 hour ago, jaycee said:

Unless your last minute alternative is so fucking daft that it's regarded as punishment enough...:getmecoat:

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, jaycee said:

15 hours ago, EXUPDEL said:

I got the bike from a guy that had bought it as an in-complete RC30 conversion. It had original RC30 mirrors that the bloke wanted for his genuine bike, however the seller wouldn't split them so he had to buy the whole lot just to get the mirrors. It came to me with load of spare parts for the princely sum of £500. I have since sold a load of those parts for £600 with more to sell.

Unless I am missing something, that actually brings it in at £400 UNDER budget!!

Welcome on board, LDU will either make you, or more likely break you... :D

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Alex. said:

Unless I am missing something, that actually brings it in at £400 UNDER budget!!

Welcome on board, LDU will either make you, or more likely break you... :D

Good point. I never did the man maths. 😄

@Alex. Cheers Alex. Pretty sure its gonna break me but it will be worth it.

Its kind of difficult to cost up cos I had a spare set of fairings and other parts on the shelf and I have had to buy things like a seat and silencer and service parts like fluids filters and fresh seals in order to get it running. Bearing in mind its now my daily rider / winter bike I worked on the principle that if it was needed to make it run / make it safe / make it reliable then that was ok to spend.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, blow_away said:

I think that's entirely within the spirit of LDU, no crocodile for you :thumbsup:

Thanks @blow_away That makes me happy

On 12/10/2019 at 5:20 PM, EXUPDEL said:

Inflatable crocodile? if it either vibrates or improves the comfort of my bike I'll be sitting on it 🙂

Reg/rec re-wired to feed directly into the battery improves the reliability. Though now I have said that I will carry a spare for when it inevitably fails on LDU.

just replaced the working one on my cbr600fx with a yamaha one, if you want it as a spare pm me your address

Ray

@ssrayThanks for the offer, I have a couple of spare in my box of vfr bits

• Like 1