Any flexibility in the rules?

Herr V.

1 hour ago, lexiden said:

All being well Ian and I will be there again. Not sure if that's any help to you mind!!!!!

I'll be there, with a crate of red bull and enough speed to kill a horse!😛

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hawkati said:

I'll be there, with a crate of red bull and enough speed to kill a horse!😛

What's everyone else having?????

• Haha 3

Can't stomach Red Bull so save me some speed in that case

• Haha 1

It's doable. I speak from very recent experience, having picked up the most rotten 120bhp motorcycle you're likely to see put back on the road, instead of in a skip, for LDU 2020.

Facebook marketplace is your friend (and tormentor): home to the lazy, inept and clueless, and somehow you don't feel bad about making insulting offers... 

Kawasaki twins are easy to find, but like you I wanted something with vague appeal. Managed it too, my chosen shitheap is a bike I've ridden before and thought 'that's alright.' It will need a lot of work, but in terms of parts I'm hopeful it'll only need £50 in fluids, filters and minor widgets. A bit of scrounging and delving in my hoarded crap, and a lot of grafting, and it'll be back in one piece. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PBChris said:

It's doable. I speak from very recent experience, having picked up the most rotten 120bhp motorcycle you're likely to see put back on the road, instead of in a skip, for LDU 2020.

Facebook marketplace is your friend (and tormentor): home to the lazy, inept and clueless, and somehow you don't feel bad about making insulting offers... 

Kawasaki twins are easy to find, but like you I wanted something with vague appeal. Managed it too, my chosen shitheap is a bike I've ridden before and thought 'that's alright.' It will need a lot of work, but in terms of parts I'm hopeful it'll only need £50 in fluids, filters and minor widgets. A bit of scrounging and delving in my hoarded crap, and a lot of grafting, and it'll be back in one piece. 

I'd imagine round about now is when your missing the most important part of that PB toolkit, the Mark White😄

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jaycee said:

I'd imagine round about now is when your missing the most important part of that PB toolkit, the Mark White😄

He'd go in to some sort of perpetual panic attack loop if I showed him this health hazard. Gary Hurd is steeled towards this sort of thing, and as handy as Whitey, but in a different way, one more suited to old stuff rather than obsessing over the weight and precision response of a passing light switch. Whereas Grumpy, I swear he could get an XS850 running on four...

Also, I'm unusual in this profession in that I understand how bikes work, enjoy doing my own work on them, and I'm reasonably competent at it too. That's the only problem with being the gaffer now (as well as Dad to a toddler): I don't get the same time on the tools on projects. That's partly why I bought this early, so I can find enough time.

• Like 3

So come on Chris, what is it?????????

I have had a response to my chase up mail and project Turdy Teapot is 90% game on 😃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PBChris said:

I wish. Actually, I don't, the riding position would cripple me. 

poofwoof.

1200 bandit then.

59 minutes ago, Herr V. said:

So come on Chris, what is it?????????

I have had a response to my chase up mail and project Turdy Teapot is 90% game on 😃

If you can get it I reckon that's a great bike for the job.

1 minute ago, jaycee said:

That is rotten! 

Thankfully it's the worst bit. Although there are some other delights to contend with before I even think about refitting the bodywork. Assuming it runs. I think it will, but on the other hand, it may not. 

6 minutes ago, PBChris said:

We have a winner. 

Lots of stops for petrol.

A vastly underrated bike, I really like them. Mine got nicked.

10 hours ago, PBChris said:

Guess. Here a festering clue. 

IMG_20191028_215229.jpg

In fairness that brake pad retaining plate looks new

On 10/28/2019 at 11:15 PM, Damnthistinleg said:

Good choice.

Certainly a shitload more entertaining than my ER-5 with full-on Rickman barn door fairing.

ah but you could hustle that just fine!

Well the deal on the Turdpot is done (that's actually harsh as it's in much better nick than others I looked at) but if it fell through I found a ropey XJ1200 (scuffed, scrathced and rusty) and a Pan European which needed the swinging arm plating and welding up (yea, they are all like that sir).

So with a modest extension of the budget it's doable.

Right now off to look at van hire to go and get the turdster

It's a good job this is for a great cause as I am suffering the indignity of owning a Suzuki that isn't a GixAAAAAAAAR

• Like 1