ZXR400 cam timing

rc30rob

Hey clever people out there

can anyone tell me what the cam timing is for a zxr400 l3 is please as some nobber has bust the oil delivery pipe to the front cam on miss Rc,s track bike (they lockwired the pieces back to gether duh) anyway your help would be greatly welcome as the manual cd she bought of flea bay is a load o cobblers

i thenk yew

If I remember correctly the ignition rotor is marked with TDC for 1 & 4 level with the crankcase split, then you just line up the marks on the cam sprockets so they are level with the rocker cover gasket surface....

If I remember correctly the ignition rotor is marked with TDC for 1 & 4 level with the crankcase split, then you just line up the marks on the cam sprockets so they are level with the rocker cover gasket surface....

ta that looks about right

as i have the old clonker in bits

if you go on the zxr400 forum all the manuals including the f3 racing manual is available to download free of charge and there is a topic with photographs on how to do cam chains etc

yeah, the cams are marked, you line the marks up with the top of the head, pointing away from each other. There should be 30 links between the marks I think - although the diagram in the manual is a bit misleading.

thanks for all the info im on it

i have to have it done for the 90s track day or its butt kicking time off miss RC i all ready get it in the neck as i have more bkes than she does

and so i should but she dosnt understand

she will still go nuts when the rsv4 turns up

NEVERMIND

Archived