brand new R1 cutting out

fastfox

Bugger.

My brand new 08 spec R1 keeps cutting out on me.

Only does is now and again. Sometimes at junctions and sometimes between gears.

I recon its the TPS as this doesn`t seem to be a isolated case.

She`s nearly up for her 600 mile service, so i`m going to get it sorted out then.

Anyone else had this trouble?

Bugger.

My brand new 08 spec R1 keeps cutting out on me.

Only does is now and again. Sometimes at junctions and sometimes between gears.

I recon its the TPS as this doesn`t seem to be a isolated case.

She`s nearly up for her 600 mile service, so i`m going to get it sorted out then.

Anyone else had this trouble?

keep an eye on the frame as well.

Mine cracked :thumbsup:

ya shitting me

Fuck no. 2007 4C8 R1, 18 months old. Still under Yamaha warranty. 10,000 miles

Big bastard of a crack in the right hand side of the frame, right where you knee sits. Running up the weld.

Yamaha told me to fuck off, so now i'm telling everyone :thumbsup:

Wasn't there an isue with the loom at the headlights that caused this?

Not something daft like a loose battery connection?

Not something daft like a loose battery connection?

nah,checked it, anyway, i dont lose anything else when it cuts out. It just suddenly stops but restarts with a quick press of the starter

Fuck no. 2007 4C8 R1, 18 months old. Still under Yamaha warranty. 10,000 miles

Big bastard of a crack in the right hand side of the frame, right where you knee sits. Running up the weld.

Yamaha told me to fuck off, so now i'm telling everyone :eusa_whistle:

Yamaha told ya to fuck off? Under what reason. The bikes still covered, the frame cracked. Seems faily strait forwards to me.

If the bike was on finance, you could of gone to the finance company and they would of thought your corner for you.

What do you think the couse was? Shite welds?

Not heard this one. go on....

Thinking back, I think it was Monkeys bike that suffered from corroded block connectors affecting the headlights. Being plunged into darkness on a back road is not good, but as different thing to your issue.

Does it stutter before it dies, or just immediately die?

Thinking back, I think it was Monkeys bike that suffered from corroded block connectors affecting the headlights. Being plunged into darkness on a back road is not good, but as different thing to your issue.

Does it stutter before it dies, or just immediately die?

just immediately die`s, dude. like if you hit the kill switch

just immediately die`s, dude. like if you hit the kill switch

Any error diag info on the display coming on?

I'm sure you can scroll through the last few reported errors recorded in the ecu if you put the bike into diag mode.

It might point you in the direction of the cause of the fault.

dunno if its relevant here but my gsxr 1000 k5 did this when it was still newish (i bought it second hand) cos it was running lean.they all did it apparently when approaching junctions and round abouts etc.my bike doesnt do it anymore though.

There is an unnofficial official mod that yamaha have sent to a few people in the trade , basically it just picks the tickover up and it seems to work ok ,If its going into a decent dealer he may have the relevant info , I wont publish the info on here 'cos you dont want any tom , dick or geepee messing with their throttle bodies , if you have no joy pm me

There is an unnofficial official mod that yamaha have sent to a few people in the trade , basically it just picks the tickover up and it seems to work ok ,If its going into a decent dealer he may have the relevant info , I wont publish the info on here 'cos you dont want any tom , dick or geepee messing with their throttle bodies , if you have no joy pm me

thanks mate. will do. first serice is on the 17th so i guess i will know more then.

The bike shop i use (K2 in stoke) are very good. never had no shit with them

Any error diag info on the display coming on?

I'm sure you can scroll through the last few reported errors recorded in the ecu if you put the bike into diag mode.

It might point you in the direction of the cause of the fault.

No. thats the strange thing. no messages at all. The other foke who had this problem also stated the same.

No error code just cuts out

Yamaha told ya to fuck off? Under what reason. The bikes still covered, the frame cracked. Seems faily strait forwards to me.

If the bike was on finance, you could of gone to the finance company and they would of thought your corner for you.

What do you think the couse was? Shite welds?

Keen to know why Yamaha wouldnt honor a warranty claim!!

Fuel turned on ;)

The frame on my 1992 TDM is fine.... Had 17 yrs of abuse 5 by me, track days, hooning around and day to day use and not a flaw in sight :lol:

Something to be said for old bike with proper fuel system and carbs :(

Best of luck trying to yam to sort both probs out ;)

Keen to know why Yamaha wouldnt honor a warranty claim!!

Save pulling this thread off at a tangent, but google something like cracked frame, especially with FZ1's too. Seems there's an issue with the welds. Geepee's wasn't covered under warrantly because yamaha decided that despite the bodywork being OK, that despite the headstock and forks being untouched, that despite no other area of the bike being damaged and despite it never having been down the road, that it was due to (ficitious) crash damage.

Save pulling this thread off at a tangent, but google something like cracked frame, especially with FZ1's too. Seems there's an issue with the welds. Geepee's wasn't covered under warrantly because yamaha decided that despite the bodywork being OK, that despite the headstock and forks being untouched, that despite no other area of the bike being damaged and despite it never having been down the road, that it was due to (ficitious) crash damage.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

Terrible customer service by both dealer and Yamaha UK after sales department, and one particularl cunt in that department meant I was stopped at every turn

Letters to the M.D etc didn't do a god damned thing. Still working on trying to sort things at the moment.

Will never touch another new Yam and i've had a couple of R1's now

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah that's pretty much it.

Terrible customer service by both dealer and Yamaha UK after sales department, and one particularl cunt in that department meant I was stopped at every turn

Letters to the M.D etc didn't do a god damned thing. Still working on trying to sort things at the moment.

Will never touch another new Yam and i've had a couple of R1's now

Try taking it to the press-I did this when michelin recalled the 2ct fronts a year or so ago.They told me I couldnt use the bike and I'd have to wait 6 months for a new tyre-told em to fuck off and rang MCN.1 hour later the MD of michelin uk rang me up saying I'd been given duff information and my tyre would be in the local shop in 2 days.Job jobbed :tacheemoticonwh7:

Only just seen this thread;my 05 r1 has had the same problem and just got the TPS replaced foc.Funny thing is Yamaha never contacted me about the recall had to look up on t'internet about and saw the official recall notice on the VOSA site.

Archived