Meet The Runners and Riders

TKDMitch

We're getting mighty close, so here's your chance to get to know some of the Riders in this years LDD. Some are from our own forum, some have more sense, but all are doing something fantastic purely to help others, so let's give them some support.

First up is Paul Dwyer on the CB1 of awesomeness. Depending on how you define, "awesomeness." :D

Paul says, "Sundays Test Ride... New Alternator, relay rectifier installed and Carb stripped/cleaned now its ready. Yes my friends have commented the bike looks like a chop shop or stolen. 😂 Just waiting for the new handlebars and a spray job."

You can support Paul by donating to Cancer Research through this link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/paul-dwyer

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, motorcycle and outdoor

• Like 10

Here's our next rider, Martin Pitt and what looks like a nice ZZR. Looks can be deceiving...
"I've had it 11 months and been at it every chance since. Had no compression, cams out & ground, shims, chain and sprockets (luckily front sprocket nut was loose :D ), brake master, tyres, bulbs, flasher unit.
I then had the mother of all struggles with the carbs which I've lost; it hardly runs under 3k and has flat spots it won't go over unless you close the throttle. Oh, and could not find one so I made a rack.
Not sure if it does not like me or if I don't like it! Bloody sports bikes..."

You can donate in support of Martin via this link:
Edited by TKDMitch
  • Like 5

David Lush has been prepping what was a non-running FZR, the new tyres it had worth about half of what he paid for it.

"Here I am with my bike, just been fitted with a double bubble screen and foam grips. Almost ready to go, I will be riding it to Devon and back tomorrow on a test run."

You can donate to David here https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/lushmangb

Image may contain: 1 person, motorcycle and outdoor

Edited by TKDMitch
  • Like 4

Keith Bousefield is a veteran of the LDD and has thrown his hat into the ring as a late entrant.

Here's how far he's got with choosing a bike so far :D

IMG-20190607-WA0009.jpg

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, blow_away said:

Mitch, either everyone is eight feet tall, or your pics are up the swanee. 

they're all tall, you goddam midget!:D

2 hours ago, blow_away said:

Mitch, either everyone is eight feet tall, or your pics are up the swanee. 

They are giants among men. :D

Not sure what's going on, just copying and pasting from FB as normal.

Many of you will know Simon Lee, at least from his work as snapper for PB and many other mags. Simon is riding Albert this year, a bike that has real LDD pedigree with Jez Miles in the past.

Si keeps sending perfectly composed and focused photos of himself and Albert, I shall therefore be cropping them awkwardly an applying snapchat filters from now on.

You can donate to support Simon here https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/simon-and-albert-the-yellow-bike

Image may contain: one or more people, motorcycle, tree, outdoor and nature

• Like 5

People get help from all sorts of places, Winston was lucky enough to have a sponsor donate a custom seat for the LDD. How cool is this? You can donate to support Winston by clicking this link

No photo description available.Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, motorcycle and outdoor

• Like 4

Not everyone finishes the LDD. It's a tough challenge.

A select few complete the LDD several times.

But only one person has completed it, then gone touring and done a trackday during his return journey on his LDD bike.

Some may think this accounts for the slightly unhinged look in his eyes, I couldn't possibly comment. The forum's very own hawkati. 

To donate in support of James please click this link

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TKDMitch said:

People get help from all sorts of places, Winston was lucky enough to have a sponsor donate a custom seat for the LDD. How cool is this? You can donate to support Winston by clicking this link

No photo description available.Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, motorcycle and outdoor

How does a VFR800 qualify for this event?

Or is it £300 personal expenditure and the rest in sponsorship?

I'm not having a pop, I'm just interested as I have searched for a suitable vehicle and failed miserably but if we can have a more expensive vehicle and the excess is paid by sponsors then that makes it a lot easier.

Pray tell

8 hours ago, TKDMitch said:

Not everyone finishes the LDD. It's a tough challenge.

A select few complete the LDD several times.

But only one person has completed it, then gone touring and done a trackday during his return journey on his LDD bike.

Some may think this accounts for the slightly unhinged look in his eyes, I couldn't possibly comment. The forum's very own hawkati. 

To donate in support of James please click this link

I've been stretched!

noone expects the Spanish inquisition...

1 hour ago, TKDMitch said:

Anyone know what gives with the pics? I'm copying and pasting from FB. Looks fine on my PC but phone is awful.

Ask @Superdunc?😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, heds954 said:

How many participants are there this year, I only see eleven above?

The remainder are going up today/tomorrow, give me chance! :D

Plus keep checking back here, commenting, keeping the thread active so people see it etc.

Essentially it's a cheap attempt to keep people engaged :D

Edited by TKDMitch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's Alex Harris's bike, a classic twin sporting a recent tail unit which will therefore be given a polish and sold on Bike Exif for £25,000.

You can donate to support Alex, and maybe buy a tin of moustache wax for the next owner, by clicking here.

Alex Harris.jpg

Edited by TKDMitch
  • Like 8